New Britain Police Department - New Britain, Connecticut
- Entry Level Salary:
- $45,870.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $51,040.00 annual
- Top Pay:
1. Character requirement: Candidates must meet the highest legal and ethical standards. No applicant will be accepted with any drug related conviction, felony conviction, conviction for any Class A or Class B misdemeanor or any conviction for domestic violence. Candidates will undergo a rigorous background investigation, including pre and post offer polygraph tests, before any offer of employment is made. A candidate’s previous disqualification or elimination due to an unsatisfactory background investigation should be strongly analyzed and considered before application to this examination. Applicants may also be disqualified for poor employment history, recent use of illegal drugs, or previously undetected criminal activity or felonious behavior. Any omission, falsification, fabrication, lie or misleading statement shall automatically result in disqualification from further consideration.
2. Applicant must have reached his or her 20th birthday at time of application, and 21st birthday at time of appointment.
3. Applicant must possess and retain a current State of Connecticut Motor Vehicle Operator’s License when appointed. The City of New Britain Police Department must also deem an applicant’s driving record satisfactory.
4. Applicant must successfully qualify on a thorough medical examination including, but not limited to vision, weight in proportion to height and other minimum acceptable standards as determined by physician(s) selected by the City. This phase is the post-offer, pre-employment physical examination.
5. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America at time of application.
6. Applicant must reside within an approved list of towns after completing probation.
7. Applicant must have sufficient strength, stamina, and ability as required by the duties of the position as measured by the successful completion of the physical ability tests, (the City’s and the Police Officer Standards and Training council (POST). See a detailed description of the State (POST) pre-test requirements, attached, “Physical Ability Assessment.” Failure to successfully complete any physical ability test by the City’s specified deadline will result in the candidate receiving no further consideration in the testing process. The City and/or the State reserve the right to modify these standards and requirements.
8. Applicant must receive an approved rating on the post-offer pre-employment psychological screening, which is given by the City’s authorized representative.
9. Applicant must submit a “No-Smoking affidavit” at time of application and, if hired, at time of appointment. Police officers are required to maintain no-smoking status as a condition of continued employment.
10. Veteran’s points: An applicant applying for Veteran’s points must submit a copy of the DD214 stating honorable discharge prior to the closing deadline for applications. Veteran’s points only pertain to specific periods of conflict. No consideration will be given after the closing date for applications.
- Age: 21
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!