Village of Riverdale - Riverdale, Illinois
- Entry Level Salary:
- $43,986.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $64,857.00 annual
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners, Village of Riverdale, Illinois, announces an examination to establish an eligibility list for the position of Police Officer. All applicants must meet the multiple criteria and successfully complete various examinations clearly defined in the application packet available at the Village of Riverdale Administrative Office, 157 West 144th. Street, Riverdale, Illinois 60827. Completed applications must be returned to the Village Hall no later than 5:00 p.m. November 26, 2007. A $20.00 non-refundable application fee is required. The Village of Riverdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications available for pick-up: Monday, November 12, through Friday, November 16, 2007. Applications are available at the Riverdale Village Hall, 157 West 144th Street, Riverdale, Illinois 60827 during normal business hours, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Wednesday: 9:00a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Completed applications and packet information must be returned to the Village Hall no later than 5:00 p.m. Monday, November 26, 2007.
There will a mandatory Orientation Meeting held at Worth Village Hall, 7112 W. 111th Street, Worth Illinois, on Saturday, December 1, 2007. Check in at 8:30 test promptly at 9:00 A.M. The orientation, written test and physical agility test will be held on the same day. Applicants should be prepared to stay from sign in at approximately 8:30 a.m. to about 3:00 p.m. Starting salary is approximately $43,986.79. Fringe benefits include pension, hospitalization, Dental, life insurance, and paid holidays. Candidates who successfully complete the written, oral examinations and physical ability test will be placed on an eligibility list. As positions become available, each candidate must complete polygraph test, background psychological examination, and lastly, a physical exam before the position is offered.
- Age: 23-35
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Desired, not required
The following are required:
1. $20.00 non-refundable application fee.
2. Must be at least 23 years of age, and should not have attained your 35th birthday by the time of the examination.
3. Weight: Must be proportionate to height
4. Vision: 20/50 uncorrected, corrected to 20/20 with glasses
5. Must have high school diploma or equivalent
6. If hired, must be able to complete/or have successfully completed the Illinois Certified Police Training Program
7. Must be United States citizen at time of hire
8. Must be a licensed driver, with valid license
9. Successful completion of the following prior to hire:
B. Written Test
C. Physical Ability Test
D. Oral Examination
E. Background Check by Riverdale Police Department
G. In-depth psychological examination
H. Physical Examination
Current starting salary: $43,986.79 per year. After five years of service, salary is approximately $56,025.60. The village has excellent medical, retirement and vacation benefit plans.
Village of Riverdale
157 W. 144th Street
Riverdale, Illinois 60827
phone: (708) 841-4483
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!