THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL LAW ENFORCEMENT POSITION WITH THE CITY OF DEARBORN
SALARY: Starting salary - $42,127
Maximum salary after 48 months - $56,215
• ASSOCIATES DEGREE in Law Enforcement or two years of related college-level coursework or the equivalent in combined education and experience. Two years experience in the Military Police or four years of any military experience with Honorable Discharge will be considered.
• Current passing score on the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) Physical Agility and Written Tests. Information on MCOLES can be found at http://www.michigan.gov/msp or by calling (517) 322-1417. Apply directly with testing centers.
• Must be capable of performing the essential functions of this position (listed on reverse) with or without reasonable accommodation as determined by a post-job-offer physical examination.
• Dearborn residency not required, but must be willing to maintain residency within proximity to Dearborn Police Headquarters no greater than that which would allow an officer to respond in a timely manner for duty during an emergency.
• Must meet all employment standards for Michigan Law Enforcement Officers as established by MCOLES including:
1. A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
2. Good moral character and no record of criminal convictions (including expungements).
3. U. S. Citizenship.
4. Minimum age, 18 years.
The Dearborn Police Department: The Dearborn Police Department has approximately 205 sworn officers.
The Department has gained a reputation of being one of the best trained and equipped law enforcement agencies in the country. In addition, the Dearborn Police Department has built a legacy of professionalism, courtesy and efficiency.
The department also prides itself on taking a progressive approach in protecting the citizens, preserving law and order and enhancing the quality of life in Dearborn. Efforts are committed to community policing and our youth with a dedicated school resource officer program. The department maintains an ongoing training program for officers and offers a choice of challenging opportunities.
The Department maintains a number of specialized units including: SWAT team, Bomb Squad, Traffic Safety Bureau, Canine Unit, Surveillance Unit, Narcotics Unit, and Community Policing Unit.
To provide the best possible service, the Department utilizes advanced technology including, laptop computer equipped scout cars, a state-of-the-art Records Management Computer System, an Automated Fingerprint Identification System, Enhanced 911, Computer Aided Dispatch Center, indoor firing range, a fully equipped Crime Lab and a Polygraph Lab.