Carrollton Police Department - Carrollton, Texas
- Entry Level Salary:
- $48,634.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $65,578.00 annual
The Carrollton Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking individuals who have the ability to adapt to the constantly evolving demands associated with serving as law enforcement officers in a growing and diverse community. The Carrollton Police Department will be giving a Police Civil Service Exam on Saturday November 15, 2008 at 9:00 a.m. at Newman Smith High School, located at 2335 North Josey Lane Carrollton, Texas. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. and no one allowed in after 9:00 a.m. The physical agility exam will be on the same day at 1:00 p.m. at the Carrollton Police Department located at 2025 East Jackson Road Carrollton, Texas. Please wear long pants with belt loops and running shoes. You must bring a picture ID. Applicants who served in the military and bring their DD 214 will receive 5 additional points on their passing test score. For more information go to our website at www.cityofcarrollton/police.
The Carrollton Police Department is seeking candidates who are prepared for a rigorous selection process, and who have a personal and work history background that will invoke public trust. The CPD seeks to employ individuals who are self-disciplined and self-motivated, and who work well in a team environment. Our department wants recruits who are excited about being solution builders, and who value education and training to build competencies. We want officers who are passionate about service and social justice, and who are creative and innovative servant leaders. The Carrollton Police Department will provide a dynamic work experience emphasizing continual learning, professional cross-training competencies, solution building and decision making. The Department will provide collateral service opportunities, rotating assignments based upon performances and assignment time limits to create professional development job rotations.
In addition to the starting Salary of $48,634.38 Carrollton Police Department will pay Incentive Pay:
Education: All Carrollton Police Officers earn $50.00 per month for an approved and accredited Associates Degree, $100.00 for a Bachelors Degree and $150.00 for a Masters Degree.
Texas Peace Officers Certification: All Carrollton Police Officers with an Intermediate Certificate earn an additional %50.00 per month, $100.00 per month for an Advanced Certificate, and $150.00 per month for Masters Certification.
Longevity: $6.00 per month is awarded for each year of service, with a maximum amount of $1800.00 per year.
Education Requirement Exception Allowances:
1. Exceptions will apply to the following categories of applicants: a. Texas Certified Police Officers b. Full time Carrollton Police Department personnel c. Active duty, or honorably discharged military personnel
2. Time served for experience in each of the three categories is exclusive and cannot be combined with time from another of the three categories to qualify for a specific reduction of college hours.
3. Time served must be continuous and not have breaks in service.
4. Experience level must be accepted as of the date of the Civil Service exam.
5. College hour’s exception limits are as follows: a. Less than 2 years experience (90 college hours required) b. Two years but less than three years experience (45 college hours required) c. Three years experience and over (30 college hours required)
DISQUALIFIER: Any applicant who has used any illegal substance other than marijuana will not be considered for employment with the Carrollton Police Department. Any marijuana used within the past 24 months or any use not considered experimental will also automatically disqualify an applicant. An illegal substance shall be any substance included in Penalty Group 1, 2, 3 or 4 (Texas Health and Safety Code).
- Age: 21 up to age 44
- Education: see listing
- Experience: none required