Reserve Police Officer Leve I and II
City of Montclair - Montclair, California
- Entry Level Salary:
- $75.00 monthly
City of Montclair
RESERVE POLICE OFFICER LEVEL I AND II
SALARY: $75 Per Month
(Plus City Pays for uniforms and equipment)
Voluntary, part-time assignment, assisting regular Police Officers in full range of responsibilities (dependent upon level of training and departmental orientation). May work special "plain-clothes" assignments and other "paid-duty" details. May be assigned dispatcher or clerical duties.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
KNOWLEDGE OF: Proper English usage, vocabulary, written communications, report writing, and record keeping.
ABILITY TO: Learn laws of arrest and pertinent local, state, and other laws and codes; learn use and care of automobiles, motorcycles, and small firearms; observe and have recall for names and faces, and judge situations and persons accurately; learn radio and dispatching systems; learn investigative techniques; work cooperatively with other employees and public; work effectively without supervision; and meet California Commission of Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) minimum standards.
EDUCATION/LICENSEES/OTHER: Graduation from high school or GED; height and weight proportional; normal hearing; minimum age of 18 at time of appointment; valid California driver's license; and United States citizenship required. Completion of the following California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) courses are required.
Courses required by POST are:
- Level II Reserve Officer
Modules "A," "B," and "C"
- Level I Reserve Officer
Module "A," "B," "C," and "D" or Basic POST Academy
1. Completion of Montclair's application form is required. A copy of your Basic POST Academy Certificate or Level I Reserve course completion certificate MUST be attached to your application.
2. When a significant number of applications have been received, and the need for Reserve Police Officers exists, candidates meeting above qualifications will be invited to participate in a physical agility examination and a structured oral interview.
3. Successful candidates will be required to pass a thorough background investigation which includes a psychological examination, medical examination, and a polygraph evaluation prior to being employed.
4. Names of successful candidates will be placed on an eligibility list from which selections will be made. Final appointments will be made by the City Manager, upon the recommendation of the Police Chief.
City application forms are available at the reception desk, City Hall, 5111 Benito Street, Montclair, California 91763. Completed and signed applications must be returned to City Hall. For further information, call (909) 625-9474.
Copyright ©2008 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
- Age: unspecified
- Education: Graduation from high school or GED
- Experience: unspecified
City of Montclair
5111 Benito Street
Montclair, California 91763
phone: (909) 625-9474
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!