Summit County Sheriffs Office - Breckenridge, Colorado
- Entry Level Salary:
- $43,840.00 annual
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
1. General Statement of Duties: To patrol Summit County in the enforcement of law and order and the protection of lives and property.
2. Supervision Received: Works under the close supervision of a higher ranking officer.
3. Supervision Exercised: None.
4. Examples of Duties: (The following are intended to be illustrative only and are not intended to be inclusive.)
• Receives training in applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances and in departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Patrols the county for the prevention of crime and the enforcement of traffic laws and regulations. Responds to all radio dispatches and appears at scenes of disorder or crimes. Notes and reports traffic hazards and assists in controlling traffic at scenes of emergencies. Investigates and prepares reports on accidents, issues citations, gives verbal warnings. Prepares reports on arrests and property impounded. Directs traffic. Tries doors and windows to determine that buildings are locked. Inspects establishments providing alcoholic beverages and entertainment. Intervenes in private or public disputes to protect the public and maintain order. Requests medical aid when necessary, administers first aid if necessary, appears in court as investigating officer and transports prisoners.
• Assists in investigations of crimes involving adults or juveniles, investigates complaints, interrogates persons whose actions are suspicious. Sees that persons whose actions are suspicious. See that objects are removed from the roads which might endanger traffic. Serves summonses and complaints, notices and orders, and warrants of arrest to assist the civil officer as necessary. Checks for proper operation of assigned vehicles, issues citations for parking or moving violations. Participates in training conferences and programs. Writes a daily log of all activities and case reports. Performs related work as required.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: None
• must pass background check;
• must submit to and pass a polygraph test prior to and as requested by management throughout employment;
• must have Colorado law enforcement certification, except Corrections deputy applicants, who must be certifiable in Colorado;
• must have and maintain valid Colorado driver’s license;
• must have and maintain CPR certification;
• must have and maintain first aid certification;
• must pass a general physical and psychological examination.
Summit County Sheriffs Office
PO Box 210
Breckenridge, Colorado 80424
phone: (970) 453-2232
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!