Canaveral Port Authority - Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Entry Level Salary:
- $38,000.00 annual
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Canaveral Port Authority Chief of Police, responsible for law enforcement operations on the Port under F.S. 943, F.S. 311 and 33 CFR part 105. Provide professional assistance to Canaveral Port Authority staff in various areas of professional expertise; foster cooperative working relationships with and among the various federal, state and local, intergovernmental, and regulatory agencies; communicate verbally and in writing with various public and private groups, inter and intra-departmental personnel, and the public on policy, procedure and regulatory issues; and perform other related work as required. Please visit our site at www.portcanaveral.com to fill out an application today.
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications under Section 943, Florida Statutes as follows:
• Not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement.
• Never received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
• Have been fingerprinted by the employing agency with prints processed by the FDLE and FBI.
• Have a good moral character.
• Successfully pass a background investigation, to include drug testing.
• Successfully complete the Florida Basic Recruit Training Program for the respective discipline, or equivalent.
• Achieve a passing score on the State Officer Certification Examination
• Candidates will also be required to successfully pass an oral board interview, pre-employment testing to include a polygraph, psychological exam, physical examination, physical abilities test, and drug screen.
The successful candidate will possess all or some of the following qualifications:
• Strong Public Relations skills • Prior experience in the Maritime environment preferred • Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt
- Age: At least 19 years of age
- Education: Be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum of two years sworn law enforcement experience
Required Licenses and Certifications: • Valid Florida Operator’s License without restrictions other than corrective lenses. • Maintain current CPR certification to include the use of AED • Florida Certified Law Enforcement Officer • To be currently certified by FDLE