- Age: 21
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 4
Education, Experience and Training
• At least 21 years of age.
• High school diploma or GED and possess a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) Basic Peace Officer Certification and four years experience in law enforcement. Experience conducting investigations is preferred. (Legible copy of TCLEOSE Certification must be submitted with application)
- OR –
• High school diploma or GED and four years of Military experience and possess a TCLEOSE Basic Peace Officer Certification.
- OR –
• Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree and possess a TCLEOSE Basic Peace Officer Certification (Legible copy of Transcripts must be submitted with application).
• Selected applicants for the agent trainee positions are required to complete a written assessment exam. The exam will assess the applicant’s skills in the areas of Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Spelling, Language, Number Operations, and Problem Solving. Regional assessment exams will be conducted between the dates of Wednesday, April 7 2010 and Wednesday, April 14, 2010.
• The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission has developed a physical assessment for all law enforcement officers in compliance with Texas Government Code, Chapter 614, Subchapter H, section 614.152. TABC Agent Trainee applicants that qualify must complete physical standards testing that will be conducted in May, 2010. To successfully pass the exam candidates must be able to complete:
Sit Ups – 29 in 60 seconds
300 Meter Run – 93 seconds
Push Ups – 13 (no time limit)
1.5 Mile Run – 21:55 minutes