Police Officer - Entry Level
Police Officer (Entry Level) - Seattle Police Department - Seattle, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $33.16 hourly
- Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations. Explains laws and police procedures to residents.
- Operates a patrol car. Patrols city streets, areas and businesses to deter criminal activity and promote public safety.
- Investigates conditions hazardous to life or property; conducts initial investigations of crime and crime scenes; may assist detectives in criminal investigation work. Conducts search and seizure activities as appropriate. Collects and preserves crime scene and evidence.
- Arrests and/or detains suspected violators of the law. Review facts of incidents to determine if criminal act or statute violations were involved.
- Records facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities.
- Render aid to accident victims and other persons requiring first aid for physical injuries.
- Transports individuals in custody.
- Presents evidence and testimony in judicial settings.
The City of Seattle is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for people with disabilities are provided on request. The City is a Drug Free Workplace.
Applications will be screened for employment eligibility by the Seattle Personnel Department. Applicants will be informed as to whether or not they are eligible to participate in the testing process.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants are highly encouraged to review the Seattle Police Department's "Careers and Opportunities" web pages for further information about the hiring process.
The written/video exams are scheduled to be administered on October 14, 2017. Eligible applicants will receive a scheduling notice from the Seattle Personnel Department regarding location, time and exam administration details.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School
- Experience: None Required
- Be at least twenty and half (20.5) years of age.
- Hold United States citizenship.
- Attained a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
- Individuals may not have been discharged from military service under dishonorable conditions.