Dallas City Marshal - Dallas, Texas
- Entry Level Salary:
- $31,024.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $52,213.00 annual
Provides law enforcement and protective services for Municipal Courts and other City offices to ensure the public is
protected and foster general public compliance with State laws and City ordinances.
1. Serves and executes warrants of arrests, subpoenas, notices of Commissioner's Court hearings, and other legal
processes generated by the Municipal Court or any municipal entity possessing subpoena power to obtain
evidence for court proceedings or to ensure offenders are jailed, witnesses are notified that their presence is
requested by the court, and citizens are informed of hearings.
2. Transports and books into jail all subjects arrested on Dallas warrants in surrounding cities to ensure safety to
citizens and property.
3. Provides appropriate courtroom or grand jury testimony as subpoenaed and applies proper courtroom
techniques, rules of evidence, and procedures to ensure safety of citizens and protect the rights of those
accused of crimes.
4. Researches warrants/subjects by accessing city, state, or federal records to enable disposition of disputed cases
or warrants and ensure all pertinent information is correct and available to proceed accordingly.
5. Makes determination whether or not to incarcerate individuals with class "C" criminal arrest warrants to
ensure protection for the public and/or property.
6. Arrest persons observed committing crimes in absence of or with Dallas Police Officers making arrests in area
to enforce laws and provide protection to officers.
7. Regular, reliable and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
Knowledge of rule of evidence procedures.
Knowledge of federal and state laws and city and county ordinances.
Knowledge of Code of Conduct, Code of Criminal Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, general and special orders
applicable to all aspects of law enforcement practices.
Ability to deal effectively with the public under adverse conditions.
State of Texas Class "C" or higher driver's license.
Must be certified as a law enforcement officer from the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officers Standards and
Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Ability to qualify twice annually with a firearm.
Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all levels of management, city officials, vendors,
other government agencies, other employees and the general public.
- Age: 21
- Education: Some College preferred
- Experience: 2 years
Complete your application by going to "City of Dallas"
then go to "find jobs". Complete the application process in NEOGov
Dallas City Marshal
2014 Main St.
Dallas, Texas 75201
phone: (214) 243-2090