Police Officer Trainee
Arlington Police Department - Arlington, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $54,218.00 annual
A career with the Arlington Police Department offers security, prestige, respect and personal satisfaction. Our officers are members of a progressive, professional and nationally accredited department. The Arlington Police Department offers you a variety of assignments with the opportunity for advancement, including promotions and placement in specialized units and detective positions. Our vision is to provide the highest level of police service to each person we contact. We are committed to cooperating with the neighborhoods we serve so that we can work together to provide a safe community. Do you have what it takes to serve the community? If so come join us and start making a difference!
- Academy $54,218/yr
- 1Y $56,939/yr
- 2Y $59,776/yr
- 3Y $62,773/yr
- 4Y $65,915/yr
- 5Y $69,188/yr
- 15Y $70,919/yr
- 20Y $72,694/yr
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Life Insurance, 3 Weeks Paid Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, 20 Year Retirement, 401K with 50% Match, Deferred Compensation Plan, Tax Saver Plan, Generous Sick Leave Plan, Uniforms/Firearm/Ballistic Vest, Tuition Reimbursement
- $110/month for education pay
- 6% shift differential, $50/month for language pay
- 5% FTO; $50/month for detective pay
- $300/yr clothing allowance
- Age: : minimum 21 yrs old; no maximum age limit
- Education: : Must possess a Bachelor's degree
- Experience: : none
You must be a citizen of the United States, 21 years of age or older. Possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, Education is not waived for prior military service or prior police experience. Vision: Possess 20/20 vision, either corrected or uncorrected in each eye. Uncorrected vision cannot exceed 20/100 in each eye, unless vision is corrected by the use of contact lenses which must be worn on duty and/or during all enforcement related activities. Must be free of dichromatic color blindness, night blindness, and any other visual deficiencies or limitations. Hearing: Possess hearing with less than a 30 decibel loss, either corrected or uncorrected in each ear. Uncorrected hearing cannot exceed a 60 decibel loss in each ear.
Visit our website at www.arlingtonpd.org
- No felony or class A misdemeanor convictions; including deferred adjudications.
- No misdemeanor convictions, including deferred adjudications, above the grade of class C within the last 10 years
- No DWI convictions within the last 10 years
- Not on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of class C misdemeanor
- Be of good character and have a stable school/work/driving record
- No family members working for APD
- No pending litigation-criminal or civil (including divorce).
- Officers and uniformed police department personnel must conceal any tattoo(s) by use of the authorized uniform or city-authorized clothing.