San Jose Police Department - San Jose, California
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $95,894.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $152,415.00 annual
The San Jose Police Department (SJPD) is now hiring for the position of Police Recruit, the entry-level classification to becoming a SJPD Officer. The Department is a dynamic, progressive and professional organization dedicated to maintaining community partnerships which promote a high quality of life for the City of San Jose, the tenth largest city in the nation. SJPD employs over 800 police officers in four Bureaus and offers more than 50 specialized assignments. The department is actively seeking to fill 200 Police Recruit positions.
After satisfying the minimum qualifications, applicants will be required to complete a pre-screening questionnaire (PHQ) before reserving a testing spot. Please note: the written exam is the first test in the application process. Eligible applicants who wish to qualify for the June 2018 Academy must complete the subsequent tests including the physical agility exam and oral interview in San Jose, CA. The deadline to complete the written test, physical agility exam and the oral interview is January 2018.
Salary and Benefits:
- Paid Academy training for Police Recruit of $38.05/hour
- Annual base pay range for Police Officer of $95,894.00 to $152.415.00** (**7 annual steps – effective 7/20/19. Pay is negotiable based on law)
- Domestic partnership benefits
- Paid vacation and paid sick-time accrual
- Annual uniform allowance of $675
- Four-day work-week; 10-hour shifts
- Bilingual pay - 2.5%
- Overtime and Secondary Employment assignments
- No felony, domestic violence, misdemeanor assault convictions; cannot currently be on probation or parole.
- Age: 20
- Education: U.S. High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: None
You must meet the following qualifications:
- No prior experience or training is necessary.
- At least 20-1/2 years old at the time of application / Maximum age is 70 years old (mandatory retirement age)
- Must be a citizen of the United States or have applied for citizenship
- Possession of a valid driver’s license authorizing operation of a motor vehicle in the U.S.
- U.S. high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED); waived if you have a college degree from an accredited college within the U.S.
- Forty (40) semester college credits or 60 quarter college credits from an accredited college or university. Credits in-progress or from another police academy are not accepted. (Military Veterans with honorable discharge can substitute four (4) years of service in the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines or Coast Guard in lieu of the minimum college credit requirement)
- Must have at least 20/40 uncorrected vision
Apply today at: https://www.sjpd.org/JoinSJPDBlue/policerecruitapplication.asp