Gilpin County Sheriff's Office - Black Hawk, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $25.84 hourly
Under general supervision, performs general law enforcement work to enforce the law—local, state, federal. Responsible for safeguarding the lives, property and rights of the residents of Gilpin County. New hires are assigned to the Gilpin County Detention Facility, with the possibility of transferring to patrol when openings become available.
The objective of the Gilpin County Sheriff’s Office is to support our citizens through exceptional service. Deputy’s provide 24 hour professional service to the citizens that live, work and visit Gilpin County. We are committed to the community and provide the quality of life our citizens are entitled.
Vacation Accrual (Annual)
- Years 0-1: 78 hours
- Years 2-5: 104 hours
- Years 6-9: 156 hours
- Years 10 +: 208 hours
Sick Accrual (Annual)
- 104 hours
Medical Insurance: Medical Insurance is provided through Anthem BlueCross BlueShield.
- Anthem Blue Preferred Option I (PPO) Annual Cost to Employee
- Employee FREE
- Employee + Spouse $240.00 per year
- Employee + Child(ren) $180.00 per year
- Family $360.00 per year
Dental: Delta Dental of Colorado
- Free to full-time employees
Retirement: Gilpin County offers two retirement savings plans for full-time and part-time benefited employees.
- 401(a) Deferred Contribution Plan
- Mandatory participation: Employees contribution is 5 % and matched in full by the county.
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Optional participation: Employees can make deferred contributions up to the IRS limit. Pre-tax and Roth options are available.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School and POST Certified
- Experience: No Experience Required
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Graduate and POST Certified
- Experience: No experience required
- Must be a Colorado Certified Peace Officer, or have all requirements necessary for, and nothing that would prevent such certification within 30 days of employment from an approved Colorado POST Academy.
- Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certification within 90 days of employment.
- Meets standards set forth in the Colorado Revised Statutes.
- Must have a valid Colorado Driver's License and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Must not have any felony convictions or misdemeanors disignated by POST or any significant prior criminal activity.
Application Procedures: Applications are due October 6th, 2017 by 1630 hours. Applications are available at Gilpin County Human Resources, 495 Apex Valley Road, Black Hawk, CO M-F 0800-1630 hours or at the Gilpin County Sheriff's Office, 2960 Dory Hill Road, Black Hawk, CO M-F 0800-1700 hours or on our website (http://co.gilpin.co.us/Employment/jobs.htm).
Please send completed application to:
Gilpin County Sheriff's Office Attn: Captain T. Kapke
2960 Dory Hill Road--Suite 350
Black Hawk, CO 80422
If you have any questions regarding the hiring process please call (303) 582-1060, visit http://www.gilpincountysheriff.com/careers for additional information or contact Sergeant Wes Jones at email@example.com.