Experienced Police Officer ($5,000 Hiring Bonus)
Tukwila Police Department - Tukwila, Washington
- Application Deadline:
$5,000 hiring bonus and flight/hotel costs for testing are paid for by the department. Yes!! We pay to fly you out here and put you up in a hotel to test with us! We are actively hiring and offer an expedited hiring process for lateral-entry officers.
Join our team here at Tukwila PD and become part of our family. We are a very busy and progressive department that is made up of a mix of entry-level and lateral-entry officers from all over the country. Our ranks include officers from LAPD, Baltimore PD, Phoenix PD, Detroit PD, Chicago PD, El Paso PD, Texas DPS, U.S. Border Patrol, Albuquerque PD, Maricopa County SD, and many others. All uniforms, firearms and equipment are provided right down to the boots and flashlights! We have an all new Ford Explorer fleet of vehicles and our brand new state of the art police station opens in 2020.
More info available at ++www.jointukwilapd.com++
Check us out on social media as well @TukwilaPD on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
- Age: 21- No Max
- Education: Minimum GED Required
- Experience: 24 Months Required (Post-Academy)
To be eligible as a lateral entry candidate, you must meet the following requirements;
- Must have been employed as a commissioned law enforcement officer on a full-time basis with a municipal, county or WSCJTC approved federal agency for a period of time exceeding 24 of the last 36 months (post academy experience) at time of application. Correction Officers and Military Police (MP) Officers do not qualify for lateral entry. Tribal officers who are not currently certified by the WSCJTC do not qualify for lateral entry.
- Academy training that meets the requirements to participate in the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Center’s (WSCJTC) Equivalency Academy as outlined by the WSCJTC.
- Lateral Entry applicants must have successfully completed a field training program (FTO or PTO) and be non-probationary officers.
- Lateral Entry applicants who are on have active internal investigations or are on administrative leave with their current agency should wait until their investigations are closed and are returned to full active duty status before applying.