Denver Police Department Hiring Lateral Police Officers- Lateral Academy Spring 2019
Christopher Avitia - Denver, Colorado
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $72,858.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $91,656.00 annual
The Denver Police Recruiting Unit is now accepting Lateral Interest Forms for our Spring 2019 Lateral Academy Class! There has been recent changes to our Lateral Requirements. Now, not only do you receive lateral pay while you attend the academy, the number of years of police experience needed to quality has been lowered significantly. Laterals with more than 2 years, but less that 4 years of experience will start at $72,858 annually and laterals with over 4 years experience will start at $91,652 annually. Annual salaries are based of the 2019 pay scale. For more information please visit, DenverPoliceRecruit.com
The Denver Civil Service Commission Lateral Police Application and Test Dates;
Application opens November 26th, 2018 at 9:00 am and closes on December 3rd, 2018 at 3:00 pm.
**In-State Laterals - **Testing dates begin December 10th, 2018 through December 14, 2018.
**Out-of-State - Testing dates **begin January 28th, 2019 through January 31st, 2019. Out-of-State applicants will come to Denver for 3-4 days to complete most of their testing (Written / Video test, written suitability, polygraph, physical agility, psychologist interview, and meet the background investigator).
Please contact one of our Denver Police Recruiters on DenverPoliceRecruit.com with any additional questions or concerns. _**COMPLETE AN INTEREST FORM NOW **_so we can keep you updated on the latest application information.
Applicants can log on to www.denvergov.org/civilservice to complete an application. ++Applications will be accepted online only and must be completed prior to testing.++
- Age: 21+
- Education: High School / GED
- Experience: Minimum of 2 Years Patrol Experience
++QUALIFICATIONS:++ To apply for a Lateral Police Officer position, you must meet the following requirements:
· Possess a current Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification or state equivalent;
· Not currently under Internal Affairs investigation for any reason;
· Have a minimum of two years of law enforcement experience performing calls to service or street duty (Patrol Experience) while employed full-time at the time of application;
· Currently employed full-time as a state certified law enforcement officer by a state, county, or municipal police or sheriff’s department; OR
· Laid-off or retired within the last twelve (12) months, state certified law enforcement position; AND have been in good standing at the time of lay-off or retirement.
**Please note: **
The following types of experience are NOT regarded as “law enforcement” experience for the purpose of Lateral to the Denver Police Department:
· Deputy/Officer employed in a jail/prison setting;
· “Full Service” employment in university setting;
· A volunteer reserve police officer;
· A military police officer
· A District Attorney investigator;