Police Officer - Entry Level
Bristol Police Dept. - Bristol, Connecticut
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $63,934.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $77,714.00 annual
The City of Bristol is accepting applications for Police Officer testing to establish an eligibility list to fill future vacancies. Initial testing requires possession of a CHIP Card (physical ability exam) successful completion of a written and oral examination. Additionally, a psychological, medical exam including drug screen, polygraph examination and extensive background investigation are required prior to hire.
VETERANS PREFERENCE: 5 points will be added to a final passing score (maximum score = 100 points) for veterans who have completed a minimum of 90 days of active military service with an honorable discharge or a discharge under honorable conditions. Copy of ++Form DD-214 Member-4++ can either be downloaded when completing the employment application by November 27, 2018, or submitted in person at the written exam on December 15, 2018_._ Failure to provide adequate paperwork by Saturday, December 15, 2018, will forfeit your eligibility to receive veteran’s points.
- **SALARY RANGE**: $63,934 - $77,714/year - **MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION:** - Must be 21 years of age High School Diploma or GED United States Citizen - **APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR BRISTOL POLICE OFFICER is Tuesday, NOVEMBER 27, 2018:** - Must complete Online Police Officer Application at [www.bristolct.gov](http://www.ci.bristol.ct.us/jobs)
- **REQUIRES VALID C.H.I.P. CARD/CERT** (physical ability exam) _**issued**_ _++**after**++_ _**June 14, 2018:**_
CHIP Physical Ability Test Registration online at www.ichiptest.com
- ++**There are many opportunities for CHIP testing:**++ - **Registration DeadlineLocationCHIP Test Date**October 6, 2018Platt High School, MeridenOctober 14, 2018October 27, 2018Platt High School, MeridenNovember 4, 2018November 5, 2018West Hill High School, StamfordNovember 11, 2018\*December 3, 2018
_(*last chance to register)_Bristol Eastern High School, BristolDecember 9, 2018
UPDATES: All communication regarding exam dates, results, etc., will be provided via EMAIL sent from ++email@example.com++. You may need to add this address to your “ALLOWED SENDERS” list on your email settings or it may be delivered to your junk/spam mail folder.
This posting is intended as a guide to the initial phase of the application process and must not be taken as a complete description of the position or process. Our Police Officer Testing Summary contains additional information. Testing process questions, please call the Personnel Dept. (860) 584-6175. For general questions regarding the Bristol Police Department, please email BPDRecruiting@bristolct.gov.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Age: At least 21 years old
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: NONE
CHIP Card (physical ability exam)