Canton Police Department - Canton, Connecticut
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $62,718.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $82,855.00 annual
THE TOWN OF CANTON ANNOUNCES
AN OPEN-COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION
FOR ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR CANTON POLICE OFFICER IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 31, 2019
- Must complete Online Police Officer Application at www.PoliceApp.com/CantonCT
- **The Town of Canton is now accepting applications for the position of Entry Level Police Officer. The Patrol Officer position involves the responsibility of the protection of life and property; the prevention, detection and investigation of crime and ordinances; and maintaining law and order. Police Officers must use logic, common sense and their own judgement while acting alone and without supervision in emergencies. Successful candidates should prepare to begin basic training during the year 2019. **
- 2018-2019 Patrol Officer Salary range of $62,718-$82,855
- Includes, but not limited to: paid sick time, paid holidays, paid vacation, personal time, premium pay for extra duty including ability to earn Comp time, Defined Contribution Retirement Plan, and an optional town administered 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Initial testing requires possession of a CHIP Card (physical ability exam) and successful completion of a written and oral examination. Additionally, a psychological, medical exam including drug screen, polygraph examination and extensive background investigation are required prior to hire.
REQUIRES VALID C.H.I.P. CARD issued after July 31, 2018
CHIP Physical Ability Test Registration online at www.ichiptest.com
++Upcoming CHIP Test Dates++
Test DateTimeLocation Registration DeadlineNovember 11, 20188:30AMBristol Eastern High SchoolNovember 5, 2018December 9, 20189:00AMBristol Eastern High SchoolDecember 3, 2018December 15, 2018To Be DeterminedWesleyan UniversityDecember 8, 2018
UPDATES: All communication regarding exam dates, results, etc., will be provided via your PoliceApp.com account!
This posting is intended as a guide to the application process and must not be taken as a complete description of the position or process. Testing process questions, please call the Canton PD at (860) 693-7872. For general questions regarding the Canton Police Department, please email email@example.com. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE ONLINE AT
- Age: At least 21 years old
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: NONE
- ++Education++: High School Diploma or GED, or an equivalent as certified by the State of CT Department of Education
- ++Character++: Candidates must be of good moral character, with no record of dishonorable discharge from any police or fire department or from the armed forces of the United States. A thorough background investigation will be conducted and a polygraph and psychological evaluation shall be used.
- ++Physical++: Must have considerable agility and endurance. Candidates must pass agility test through CHIP, Inc. A minimum of 20/30 corrected vision in both eyes is required, along with normal hearing. The physical examination will include a screening for use of illegal drugs or controlled substances.
- ++Other++: Must be a United States citizen. Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license. Must meet eligibility requirements of the Police Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.C.), which requires all recruits be a minimum of 21 years of age.