Bismarck Police Department - Bismarck, North Dakota
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $49,180.00 annual
Performs both highly specialized and general duty police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work involves responsibility for the protection of life and property, prevention of crime, investigation of crime, apprehension of criminals, direction of vehicular and pedestrian traffic, and the general enforcement of federal, state, and municipal laws and ordinances. Work is performed in accordance with applicable statutory law, case law, accreditation standards, and department policy. Work involves an element of personal danger and, as a majority of the work is performed without the presence of a supervisor, employees must be able to make decisions and act independently without direct supervision. Employees must exercise discretion and professional judgment when making enforcement decisions, during use of force situations and in meeting emergencies. Assignments and special instructions are received from superior officers, who review work methods and results through personal observations, inspections, reports and discussions.
PLEASE NOTE: You must upload and attach required documents at the time of your application. Failure to upload and attach the required documents will result in your application being considered incomplete.
- You are 18 years of age 2. You have or are eligible to attain a North Dakota driver’s license 3. You have either:
An Associate Degree or have successfully completed at least 60 semester hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or better from an Accredited College or University validated by transcripts; OR
Have served a minimum of four years Full Time Active Duty with a branch of the United States Military or four years Full Time National Guard and received an Honorable Discharge upon completion of the service. Verification of Service must be validated by documentation; OR
Three years of full-time sworn law enforcement experience. Law enforcement experience required must be three years of duties in the field as a licensed and sworn law enforcement agent. This would not include duties such as private investigation, corrections or security. (Verification of employment by the agencies human resource files must be provided.)
- 70% or higher score on the Law Enforcement Entrance Exam from the Bismarck/Burleigh/Mandan/Morton Consortium testing. 2019 Testing is administered at the Bismarck Police Department located at 700 South 9th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota, (see attached Selection Process for schedule).
- Age: 18+
- Education: An Associate Degree or have successfully completed at least 60 semester hours of college credit with a GPA of 2.0 or better from an Accredited College or University validated by transcripts
- Experience: Three years of full-time sworn law enforcement experience.
- Must participate in physical fitness program to meet established agility and fitness requirements.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good personal interaction skills.