Mineral County SO, NV - Hawthorne, Nevada
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $25,720.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $35,477.00 annual
The Dispatcher shall be expected to handle all telephone and radio communications including 911 emergency calls while maintaining daily logs for those communications. The dispatcher will dispatch Deputies to calls, run inquiry checks on persons and vehicles, run criminal histories, etc. In addition to dispatching, the dispatcher will be responsible for entering and confirming warrants, validating warrants, type court dispositions and monitor cameras both in the detention facility and lobby. Female dispatchers shall also be required to perform matron duties as needed for female inmates.
- Swing shift differential @ $.75/hr. Graveyard Shift differential @ $1.00/hr.
- Twelve (12) paid holidays
- 120 hours annual leave per year
- 120 hours sick leave per year
- Employer paid PERS Retirement. Benefit value 28% of base wage.
- Employer paid Employee Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance. Benefit value $7586.16 per year.
- Age: Must be 18 years of age
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Copy of certificate required.
- Experience: Two (2) years dispatching experience preferred but not required.
- NO felony convictions
- Must be able to type 35 wpm
- Basic Computer skills required
- Ability to keep composure and work effectively under pressure
- Must possess a positive working relationship with other county offices, employees, and the public.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Position requires working shift work, holidays, weekends, etc.