NJ PTC Certified Police Officer
Glen Ridge Police Department - Glen Ridge, New Jersey
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $43,000.00 annual
GLEN RIDGE POLICE DEPARTMENT
IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
NJ PTC CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICERS
The Glen Ridge Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of NJ PTC Certified Police Officer. In order to be eligible to meet our agencies criteria a candidate MUST meet the following minimum requirements. There are no exceptions!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include but is not limited to the following:
- Protect life, private and public property
- Prepare and present detailed written reports and cases for prosecutions and/or investigations of criminal, civil, and traffic offenses.
- Communicate effectively with the public, other agencies, in court and other formal settings
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts of up to twelve hours duration or longer, including nights, weekends, and legal holidays.
- Read and comprehend legal and non-legal documents, including the preparation and processing of such documents as citations, affidavits and warrants.
- Have a prerequisite level of computer knowledge and familiarity in order to perform computer inquiries and type reports on computer system.
- Ability and willingness to lead others in solving community problems, facilitating discussion, and negotiating solutions.
- Endure verbal and mental abuse when confronted with hostile views and opinions of suspects and others encountered in an antagonistic environment.
- Stop traffic violators and take appropriate action, identify suspicious individuals and investigate their activities.
- Be able to safely operate a motor vehicle often under adverse conditions.
- Apprehend violators or offenders of the law, sometimes involving substantial elements of personal danger. In instances where lawful arrests are resisted, the officer must be prepared and able at times, through high levels of physical exertion, to protect citizens, themselves, fellow officers, and overcome the resistance.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applications will be completed online at www.PoliceApp.com/GlenridgeNJ
- NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Phase I-Application
- Phase 2-Background investigation
- Phase 3-Oral Interview
- Phase 4-Medical Examination
- Phase 5- Psychological Examination
- New Jersey State Health Benefits
- New Jersey Police & Fire Retirement System
++GLEN RIDGE POLICE DEPARTMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER++
- Age: 21-35 years old
- Education: Info Below!
- Experience: Must possess NJ Police Training Commission Certification
Must possess NJ Police Training Commission Certification
- Associates Degree, from an accredited college or
- 60 College credits from an accredited college or university or
- Two years military experience with 30 college credits from an accredited college or university
- Two years law enforcement experience with 30 college credits from an accredited college or university
Be licensed by the state of New Jersey to operate motor vehicles.
Be of good moral character
Be of good health and sound in body and mind
Be a legally qualified voter
Never have been convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude
Meet the qualifications necessary for membership in the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System, state of New Jersey
Never have been a member of any party or group or organization advocating the overthrow of the government of the United States, or any sate thereof.