Police Officer (Lateral & Entry Level)
SAINT HELENS POLICE DEPARTMENT - SAINT HELENS, Oregon
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $4,174.00 monthly
The St. Helens Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Both entry-level applicants and Police Officers currently certified by the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (or equivalent) are encouraged to apply. The application is available online here. Application packets must be received at City Hall by 4:00 p.m on Friday, February 1, 2019.
Entry level applicants must test through National Testing Network by February 1, 2019. If you are a lateral candidate but have not worked as a certified police officer for a minimum of one year in the last two years, you will also need to test through NTN by February 1, 2019.
Applicants must submit a completed City application, detailed resume and cover letter to be considered for employment. City application forms are available online at www.ci.st-helens.or.us. If you are a veteran and would like veterans’ preference points, please complete that form as well. The successful candidate will be required to pass an extensive background check.
Base salary is $4,174 per month (step 1) to $5,616 (step 6). Maximum salary with incentives (at step 6) is $5,616 to $6,498.
Benefit Information: The City of St. Helens offers a general benefits package that includes the following:
- Diverse health, vision and dental insurance packages for employee and family.
- 13 paid holidays.
- $1,100 annual uniform allowance.
- Deferred compensation program.
- Two to six weeks of paid vacation.
- Accrued sick leave (12 days per year).
- Fully paid participation in the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System.
- $50 monthly towards a health club membership.
- Career Commitment, Residency & Longevity Reward Program - helping eligible employees purchase homes in Columbia County.
National Testing Network Support
**Department Overview: **The St. Helens Police Department is a progressive and proactive law enforcement agency with an emphasis on its service to the community. The St. Helens Police Department has a sworn staff of sixteen officers and one support staff member. Our staff enjoys work in assignments in patrol, criminal and narcotics investigations, canine, and School Resource Officer.
We are seeking applicants who wish to be a part of a family-oriented community with a commitment to enhancing the livability of St. Helens. There are exciting things happening in St. Helens. Come be a part of the team!
******************A Full Job Description is available at www.nationaltestingnetwork.com**************
- Fill out the city application and must be submitted at https://www.ci.st-helens.or.us/
- Go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com
- Search for jobs by profession: Police
- Select all the agencies you wish to apply for
- Schedule a Test at an NTN center
************************PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE*************************
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Grad
- Experience: N/A
National Testing Network