Painesville City Police - Painesville, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $54,092.48 annual
- Top Pay:
- $69,036.03 annual
The Painesville Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of police officer. Applications are available at Painesville City Hall front desk or www.painesville.com under Employment Opportunities until February 22, 2019. The application deadline is February 22, 2019 at 2:00 PM (EST). Applications can be turned into the Painesville Police Department located at 28 Mentor Ave. Painesville, OH 44077. Limited to the first 100 applications. You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- U.S.Citizenship; please provide copy of social security card and birth certificate. High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED);
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Must be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age at time of original appointment. (No person shall be eligible to receive an original appointment on and after his/her thirty-fifth (35) birthday or prior to his/her twenty-first(21) birthday);
- Must successfully complete the police physical agility and submit their certificate from The Cuyahoga Community College (“Tri-C”). Tri-C certificates from March 2, 2018 to March 1, 2019 will be honored. Applicants must call and schedule their physical agility. The number to schedule is(216) 987-3033. Physical agility dates available this year are January 20, 2019 and February 17, 2019.
Complete and pass the physical agility held by Painesville Police the morning of the written examination. The physical agility will be held at Lakeland Community College (See Physical Agility and Orientation Information Below). Saturday March 2, 2019. Anyone wishing to attend the Painesville Police Department’s physical agility should notify the city before the date of the exam (FREE OF CHARGE). Contact Information: Connie Morrison, Civil Service Secretary, 440- 392-5788.
- Must possess an Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) Certificate at the time of original appointment;
- Applicants MUST pay a non-refundable $25 testing fee to: City of Painesville, Civil Service Commission, P.O. Box 601, Painesville, OH 44077 by February 22, 2019. (Cash or checks made payable to City of Painesville)
Applicants MUST submit documentation for additional credit with application.
ADDITIONAL CREDIT (Maximum of 20%):
Additional credit in the maximum amount of 20% shall be granted to applicants, only after receiving a passing score and providing proof at the time of application for the following:
- Prior service with an honorable discharge and completed 180 days or more of active duty in this country’s armed forces (Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, Army National Guard or the reserve units of such); 10% additional credit of applicant’s written score – DD214 required.
- Municipal, State, or County law enforcement satisfactory full-time service with a municipal,state, or county law enforcement agency for five (5) years or more; 10% additional credit of applicant’s written score. Applicants applying for prior law enforcement credit MUST submit an ORIGINAL signed letter from his/her employer stating years of service as proof of said service.
- Completion of the police academy; 5% additional credit of applicant’s written score. Applicants applying for credit must provide OPOTC certificate.
- Education Credit as follows (Maximum of 5%): •
- 2.5% for an associate’s degree or accumulated class credit equal to two years completed in pursuit of a 4 year degree at an accredited university or college; or
- 5% for a bachelor’s degree or higher educational degree from an accredited university or college.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Physical Agility and Orientation Information:
Saturday, March 2, 2019 at Lakeland Community College- Lakeland Athletic & Fitness Center. 7700 Clocktower Dr. Kirtland, OH 44094. (Map attached) Building opens at 9:00am, please arrive no later than 9:30am with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. Physical Agility Exam will begin promptly at 9:45am. Those who pass or have previously provided a Tri-C certificate will then move on to the written portion.
Saturday, March 2, 2019 at Harvey High School 200 W Walnut Ave. Painesville, OH 44077. The exam will be held in the James Dillard Room located on the East side entrance of the building. Please arrive no later than 12:00 PM (EST) with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in.
Physical Agility Requirements:
1.5 MILE RUN 13:16
SIT-UPS (1 MINUTE) 35
PUSH-UPS (1 MINUTE) 26
1.5 MILE RUN 13:46
SIT-UPS (1 MINUTE) 32
PUSH-UPS (1 MINUTE) 20
1.5 MILE RUN 15:52
SIT-UPS (1 MINUTE) 30
PUSH-UPS (1 MINUTE) 13
1.5 MILE RUN 16:38
SIT-UPS (1 MINUTE) 22
PUSH-UPS (1 MINUTE) 09
- Age: 21-35
- Education: See Job Description
- Experience: See Job Description