Olathe Police Department, KS - Olathe, Kansas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $44,750.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $76,100.00 annual
Fri. 03/29/19 8:00 AM Central Time
$44,750.00 - $76,100.00 Annually
Full-Time, Benefits Eligible
Police Dept - 501 East 56 Hwy, Olathe, Kansas
As an elite member of Olathe's finest, you have an opportunity to join an exciting, dynamic department in a metropolitan city where your law enforcement skills will help protect and serve nearly 140,000 citizens. Our career avenues are wide open. Opportunities to serve include uniformed patrol, detectives, K-9, traffic unit with motorcycles, and school resource officer. Not to mention our specialized units to include the field training officer unit, hostage negotiations team, gang unit, peer support team, honor guard, and the tactical support unit.
There are tremendous opportunities for career advancement. You can go as far as your ambition and skills take you. We will provide the training and opportunities. There has never been a better time to join Olathe's Finest.
++Lateral Police Officer Starting Salary:++
Lateral transfer police officers can receive all or partial credit for their previous years of service. The pay rate will be established based on comparable wages with Olathe Police Officers.
++Tentative Hiring Process Dates:++
- Physical Fitness Test & Written Test: 3/1/2019
- Oral Board Interviews: Week of 3/11/2019
- Polygraph & Background Investigation: Begin: 3/12/2019
- Start Date: 8/12/2019
- Hours: 4 - 10 hour days. shift varies.
- Bilingual pay is one of the many benefits the Olathe Police Department offers.
You must meet the Minimum Job Requirements to be considered for the position of Police Officer:
- Must be a United States citizen;
- Be 21 years of age by 8/19/2019;
- Have a high school diploma or GED;
- Have the ability to distinguish sounds to include a full range of tones and volumes;
- Have 20/20 corrected vision in both eyes;
- You must have the ability to read, speak, and write the English language fluently;
- Possess a valid driver's license;
- Establish a residence within a 45 mile radius of the main Olathe Police Department. Any new officer will have 1 year from their employment date to comply with this policy.
- Successfully pass all phases of the police hiring process (Written test(s), physical agility test, personal history statement, oral board interview, polygraph examination, background investigation, Chief of Police Interview, physical and psychological examination);
- Meet any other state and federal requirements presently in existence;
- Age: 21 by start date
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: No Prior Experience Required
++Reasons for Disqualification++
- **FALSE STATEMENT: **False statement of material fact/deception/fraud, or intentional withholding of the same;
- FELONIES: No felony convictions ever and no commission of a felony in the past five years, subject to review;
- MISDEMEANORS: Conviction/Commission of a Class "A" misdemeanor within the past five years, subject to review. No conviction/commission of a Class "B" misdemeanor within the past two years to include a Failure to Appear traffic conviction, subject to review.
- DRIVING RECORD: Commission/Conviction of a DUI in the past five years. Three or more citations within the last twelve months. Three or more chargeable or at fault accidents within the past five years. Overall driving history which is deemed unacceptable.
- PROBATION/PAROLE: Currently on probation, parole or diversion (inclusive or deferred adjudication). Pardoned for any reason other than being innocent.
- NARCOTICS/CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE: Use of any illegal drug, other than marijuana, within the past five years or the sale of a controlled substance at any time.
- MARIJUANA: No use of marijuana in the last three years.
- MILITARY DISCHARGE/CONDUCT: Discharge that is less than honorable conditions.
- UNACCEPTABLE BACKGROUND: Work history, educational history, military service, general reputation, and interpersonal relationship.
- TATTOO POLICY: Any visible tattoo(s) must be covered by; clothing, a flesh-colored bandage, or a flesh-colored or black sleeve which does not detract from the appearance of the uniform. Employees are prohibited from having and/or obtaining any tattoo, any place on their body, which is offensive, immoral, or presents an unprofessional appearance as deemed by any Department or City policy, or the Chief of Police. "Piercings are limited to two earrings per ear and "no gauged body parts."
- CITY WIDE NEPOTISM POLICY: Any applicant who has a member of their immediate family employed full-time or part-time by the City of Olathe is not eligible for employment.
Officer Cody Hays