Certified Police Officer
Barrington Police Department (IL) - Barrington, Illinois
- Application Deadline:
The Barrington Police Department is seeking experienced police officers to join our team.
The Village of Barrington is a retail, commercial, and residential community located approximately 35 miles northwest of Chicago. The Barrington Police Department serves a population of approximately 10,000 residents, living in a 5.1 square-mile area.
The Barrington Police Department employs 23 sworn police officers who serve in various capacities which include: administrative staff, detective division, patrol division and school liaison officers. The department offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes a starting salary of $66,583 and reaching the top salary of $95,570 after six years. (This range is effective until April 30, 2019.)(Starting salary DOQ)
· US Citizen
· Be a current, full-time, sworn, Illinois municipal police officer, Illinois state trooper, or Illinois county sheriff’s deputy who possesses a State of Illinois certification according to Illinois law with at least two years of continuous service with current department and be in good standing at time of hire.
· Also must possess substantially equivalent skills and abilities as a current Barrington police officer with the same experience.
· Must be age 21 at date of hire.
· Maximum of 34 years of age at time of application (except as otherwise provided by Illinois law)
· High school graduate or equivalent
· At least 60 hours of college credits with a “C” average or better
· Valid driver’s license (requires a valid ++Illinois++ driver’s license at date of hire)
· Must pass the police officer wellness (POWER) test administered by the Barrington Police Department.
· A $35 application fee will be collected at time of application.
- Age: Maximum of 34 years of age at time of application.
- Education: At least 60 hours of college credit with a "C" average.
- Experience: Current full-time sworn Illinois officer with at least two years of continuous service with current department and be in good standing at time of hire.
· Applications will be available beginning February 4, 2019 at https://iosolutons.com/.
· Application Deadline is 4:00 p.m. on March 13, 2019.
· POWER test will be conducted at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday April 6, 2019 at Barrington High School.
· Written Examination will be conducted at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday April 6, 2019 at the Barrington Police Department.
Phases of the selection process include a physical test (POWER), written examination and an oral interview. Applicants must pass the POWER test administered by the Barrington Police Department to be eligible to sit for the written examination. The Fire & Police Commission will interview candidates after the written test. When positions are available, conditional offers of employment will be extended based on the successful completion of all of the following: polygraph examination, psychological screening, physical examination, and an extensive background investigation.
Questions may be addressed by calling Human Resources at 1-847-304-3412.
The Village of Barrington is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/V/D