Entry-Level and Experienced Police Officer positions
City of Urbana Police Department - Urbana, Illinois
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $62,982.28 annual
** Are you looking for a rewarding career in an organization that values dedication, diversity and integrity? **
The City of Urbana invites qualified applicants for the position of Entry-Level Police Officer. Officers perform police protection and other services to safeguard the lives, property, and constitutional rights of the citizens of Urbana. Duties include investigating complaints, disturbances, accidents, and reported criminal activities; testifying in court; training new police officers; responding to crime and accident scenes, emergency situations and other requests for assistance; detecting, apprehending and arresting criminals; enforcing the laws and ordinances of the City; and performing a variety of specialized duties as assigned.
Additional information on the selection process can be found at: UrbanaCareers.org/Police-Careers.
- Age: See additional requirements
- Education: See additional requirements
- Experience: None for Entry-Level
Entry-Level Police Officers
- At least 21 years of age and not more than 34 years of age by exam date; see job posting for exemptions
- U.S. Citizen
- Valid driver's license
- Education/Experience: You must have at least one of the following: Completion of an associate's degree or equivalent college classes and credits; or two (2) years active duty in the military (with an honorable discharge). Active duty military experience is defined as full-time service, other than training, in a branch of the U.S. military and refers to active duty, mobilization, or deployment; or two (2) years of law enforcement experience. Law enforcement experience is defined as street patrol work. Non-patrol experience, such as jail/corrections, dispatch, or private security work does not count as "street patrol."
Experienced Police Officers
- At least two years of experience as a full-time sworn street patrol officer. Non-patrol sworn officer experience, such as jail/corrections, dispatch, or private security work does not count as "street patrol experience" in calculating the total months of post-academy experience.
- Currently employed as a sworn police officer (or recently released or facing release, due to layoff or reduction in force, with the ability to be re-hired).
For more information and to apply, visit: www.urbanaillinois.us/jobs