NORWOOD OHIO POLICE - Norwood, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $59,809.00 annual
Basic Job Duties and Tasks for Police Officers
- Provide for public safety by maintaining order, responding to emergencies, protecting people and property, enforcing motor vehicle and criminal laws, and promoting good community relations.
CITY OF NORWOOD, OHIO ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER TEST ANNOUNCEMENT
The Norwood Civil Service Commission is accepting applications for the position of POLICE OFFICER. The selection process will involve a series of tests, beginning with a written examination to be held on Wednesday April 3, 2019 at 6:00 PM in the NORWOOD HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA – 2020 SHERMAN AVE. NORWOOD, OHIO 45212
Applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and no older than **thirty-five (35) years of age (unless currently commissioned as a Law Enforcement Officer in Ohio), **at the time of appointment. Applicants must receive a minimum passing grade of seventy percent (70%) on the written test, prior to receiving any additional credit. Candidates passing the written test shall be required to undergo a physical and/or complete an agility test, polygraph test, and psychological testing. Applicants must successfully pass all tests.
**ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS TEST MUST HAVE COMPLETED THE OHIO PEACE OFFICER’S BASIC TRAINING ACADEMY COURSE. YOUR COMMISSION MUST BE IN GOOD STANDING AND REQUIRE NO ADDITIONAL UPDATES **
Application forms are available at the Norwood Police Department, 4701 Montgomery Rd. Norwood, Ohio 45212, between the hours of 8 AM and 8 PM, telephone (513) 458-4521, or go to: **http://www.norwoodpolice.org/npd_recruitment **. All applications must be returned to the Police Department by Monday April 01, 2019 at 12 Noon, (You MUST print legibly!). Once your application is turned in, additional information will be emailed to you, regarding the testing process.
**There will be no application fee for THIS test. **
- Age: Minimum 21 years old
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Basic Academy OPOTA Certification
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- 21 years of age, no older than 35 - and enrolled in Ohio Basic Police Academy at time of examination or currently commissioned as a law enforcement officer in the State of Ohio. Age restrictions are waived for officers with a current Ohio commission
- Valid Driver's License
- Acceptable driving record
- Clean criminal history