Meriden - Certified Police Officer
Meriden Police Department - Meriden, Connecticut
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $69,971.00 annual
Selection Process Information for the Position of Certified Police Officer
- Certified Officers Only –
The City of Meriden Police Department has begun an open ended application process for Certified Police Officers. This process will remain open until all vacancies have been filled. All correspondence will be done through PoliceApp.com. Testing dates will be assigned as applications are processed.
++You are NOT eligible for employment with the Meriden Police Department if:++
- You have been convicted of a Felony Crime.
- You have been convicted of any Class A or Class B misdemeanor.
- You have been convicted of a DWI or DUI. (This includes a 1st time nolle)
- You have committed any act which would constitute perjury or false statement.
- You have been arrested and/or convicted of domestic violence or domestic assault.
- You have been dishonorably discharged from any military service.
- You have been terminated for cause from a department of local, state or federal government.
You have been asked to resign from a department while under investigation of wrong doing.
The selection process will include, at minimum, a detailed review of your application packet, and the successful completion of the Department’s selection process which includes but may not be limited to the following:
- Written Examination (Passing 70 %)
- Oral Examination (Passing 70%)
- Writing Prompt
- Spelling Test
- Detailed Background Investigation
- Detailed Resume (must be uploaded to PoliceApp.com
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Exam
- Medical Exam
- Chief’s Interview
- P.O.S.T.C Comparative Review and Approval (out of state only)
++POLICE APPLICANT BACKGROUND PACKAGE: Please complete the Background Package located in the top-right corner of this page. Hold onto this package until requested from the Meriden Internal Affairs Unit.++
The Police Chief reserves the right to reject any eligible candidate whom, on the basis of background and character investigation or medical examination, does not appear to be the most suitable qualified candidate for the position. If you fail to appear for any part of the examination process, or if you do not pass any part of the examination, your name will be removed from any further consideration.
THE CITY OF MERIDEN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Apply Through PoliceApp: http://bit.ly/30C4n88
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Certified
++You must also meet the following minimum qualifications in order to be considered for a position with the Meriden Police Department:++
- Age: Twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of the written test.
- Education: You must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
- License: Candidate must possess and maintain a valid Connecticut driver’s license.
- Residency: Candidate must be U.S. citizens.
- Drug Testing: Candidate shall be required to submit to a drug test as part of the pre-employment medical
- Certified Experience: You must have been a certified police officer for at least two years. You must be in good standing with your department or retired in good standing. If retired you must be within your certification time period.