Lateral Entry Police Officer
Police Officer Trainee
Shiloh Police Department - Shiloh, Illinois
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $58,181.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $66,153.00 annual
++Lateral Entry Program for Police Officers++
The Shiloh Police Department is currently accepting lateral entry applications for certified police officers. Those interested must complete the application, release of information form, provide a resume, and proof of Law Enforcement Certification.
Please provide complete and accurate information for all questions in the application. Applicants will be disqualified from further processing if an incomplete application is submitted or if an applicant fails to disclose all information requested.
++Minimum Qualifications for Lateral Entry Candidates++
Applicants must meet the following qualifications at the time of application:
· A completed application must be submitted to the Village of Shiloh Police Commission.
· Applicant must possess a State of Illinois certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board with no more than eighty (80) hours of training required by that Board for recertification, if necessary. Certification from any State outside Illinois will also be accepted provided the certification will be accepted and recognized by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board with no more than eighty (80) hours of training required by the Board for recertification, if necessary.
· Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
· Applicant must be 21 years old.
· Applicant must have an educational level at a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice (or related field) from an accredited university or have completed 60 hours towards a Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an accredited College or University.
· Applicant must have at least two (2) years of experience as a sworn, certified law enforcement officer with a municipal or state police department within the last three (3) years.
· Applicant must have a valid driver’s license.
· Applicant must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examinations and training requirements.
· Applicant must have the ability to furnish upon request a copy of the following: a resume, professional license, training certificates, documents confirming work experience, birth certificate, high school diploma or GED certificate, transcripts of higher education, military service board and discharge papers (DD-214), employee evaluations, and any other employment related materials requested or required.
· Each phase of the process is pass/fail that is required to proceed to the next step
· Complete and accurate application.
· Examination with the Board of Police Commissioners.
· Character and background investigation.
· Post-offer examinations including, but not limited to psychological evaluation, medical examination, vision screening, drug screening, and polygraph.
· All appointments are subject to a probationary period of twelve (12) months.
Experienced police officers applying through the Lateral Entry Process will not be required to take a written examination or participate in a physical agility test. Applicants will be scored on their oral interview, background, and experience assessment. Lateral Entry Eligibility Lists shall expire one (1) year from the date it is published. No Lateral Entry candidate will be allowed to participate in the Lateral Entry process more than once every (12) months.
++Lateral Entry Eligibility List++
An initial lateral entry eligibility list will be created from qualified applicants that submit the required application materials. Applications will be accepted from June 6, 2018 to July 6, 2018 at 4:00 PM. Placement on any lateral entry eligibility list shall be based upon the relative excellence of the applicants.
In the event that pre-screening identifies applicants that have certain knowledge, skills, and abilities that make those applicants more desirable for the position sought to be filled, the Village of Shiloh Police Department may interview those applicants only for consideration.
Please respond to the Shiloh Police Department during normal business hours, call 618-632-9047 extension 1, or email email@example.com to obtain an application.
- Age: 21
- Education: Minimum of an Assosciate's Degree or 60 hours toward a Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of law enforcement experience