Full & Part Time Telecommunicator
Castle Hills Police Department - San Antonio, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $17.20 hourly
The Castle Hills Police Department is accepting applications for both a full time and a part time Telecommunicator. Our Telecommunicators dispatch for police, fire, EMS, public works and code compliance. They answer all incoming 911 calls, non-emergency phone calls and handle all corresponding paperwork.
· This is a non-supervisory position that reports to the Communications Supervisor
· Responsible for quickly and efficiently answering all incoming 911 emergency phone calls as well as all non-emergency administrative calls. The telecommunicator shall evaluate the call and dispatch the appropriate personnel in a timely manner alerting them to any possible danger.
· Monitor all radio frequencies as assigned by the Communications Division and promptly acknowledge all radio transmissions and respond appropriately on all channels. When broadcasting, the telecommunicator shall remain calm, professional and will be articulate and concise. Telecommunicators will not display any signs of anger, annoyance, impatience, or unprofessionalism while transmitting on any radio frequency
· Maintain a link of communication between officers, fire/EMS, the public and other law enforcement agencies
· Responsible for relaying pertinent information to the proper personnel, whether it is via radio, telephone, teletype or in person
· Responsible for the entry, completion, maintenance and filing of all reports, logs and forms under the responsibility of the Communications Division ensuring that they are correct and accurate.
Starting pay for full time is $17.20 with a pay increase after 2 years, degree pay is also available. The full time position includes a benefits plan with TMRS retirement. Part time pay is $15.07 an hour. EOE. Applications are available by downloading from: https://www.cityofcastlehills.com/DocumentCenter/View/1006/2019-Application-PD--Dispatch?bidId=
or in person at the Castle Hills PD, 209 Lemonwood Dr. San Antonio, Texas 78213. Incomplete applications will not be considered for employment. Contact Shannon Parker for questions by phone at 210-342-2341 ext. 226, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School
- Experience: Experience is preferred but not required
· Telecommunicator License and experience is preferred but not required
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Must have at least a high school diploma or GED
· Proof of citizenship
· Pass a criminal background check
· Pass a drug screen
· Pass a psychological evaluation
· Critical thinking skills
· Exceptional multi-tasking skills
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Ability to adapt in high stress situations
· Attention to detail
· Basic computer skills required to work with state and national databases, CAD systems, Microsoft Word and Excel
· Ability to work mornings, afternoons, overnights, weekends and holidays as needed