Wyoming Police Department - Wyoming, Illinois
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $35,000.00 annual
· Community Patrolling Activities
· Serves as a liaison officer within the community responding to non-criminal public concerns assuring for safety and best public relations for the city.
· Establishes and maintains communication by the frequent use of personal contact with the community assuring for the best public relations for the city.
Patrol Related Activities
· Obtains assignment assuring for professionalism.
· Patrolling and conducting checks while monitoring the city.
· Responds appropriately to incident/accidents reports assuring for timeliness, professionalism, and for safety.
· Completes reports and submits to Chief as required, assuring for timeliness and accuracy.
· Looks for law violations that require action. Informs appropriate individual or takes action as needed.
· Does necessary follow-up as required.
· Determines when traffic stops for motor vehicle code violations are necessary and takes appropriate action.
· Responds to requests from the Chief in an accurate, complete, and timely manner.
Requests for Service Activities
· Completes the required documentation of assignments as necessary for accuracy and timeliness.
· Responds to radio announced incidents, makes a determination regarding the emergency or non-emergency nature of the incident. Coordinates with other units as needed. Prioritizes calls based on importance.
· Locates, gathers, preserves possible evidence and maintains chain of custody in accordance with debarment policies.
· If needed, makes arrest and handles prisoners assuring that department procedures are followed.
· Conducts and completes any required follow-up.
Other patrol Activities
· Conducts nuisance violations and parking enforcement activities.
· Maintains an awareness of persons who have outstanding warrants and maintains vigilance for such persons.
· Responds to requests for assistance from other agencies as requested.
· Learns and maintains an awareness of all applicable department practices, policies, procedures, laws, and rules.
· Spots trouble areas for the city utilities
All duties and responsibilities will not be reflected in this job description. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform duties as assigned by the Chief.
· Benefits package
o Day Shift/Night Shift
o 12 hour shifts
o Holidays required
o Weekends required
- Age: 21 years or older
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 1 year preferred
Part-Time or Full-Time Certified