Certified Virginia Police Officer
Herndon Police Department - Herndon, Virginia
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $54,633.00 annual
** -THE TOWN OF HERNDON, VA WANTS TO HIRE THE BEST AND BRIGHTEST VA CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICERS – **
The Herndon Police Department wants to add dedicated and steadfast VA certified officers to its’ roster – consider working for our accredited police force!
Complete an online employment application ++**NO LATER THAN CLOSE OF BUSINESS MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2019. **++
* 40 hours of annual leave, effective day one of employment (first year of employment only). Normal annual leave accruals apply after that. T
* The town offers VA certified officers advanced pay steps, based on previous Virginia certified law enforcement experience, military service, language skills and education.
* Full benefits package including generous town contributions to Police Supplemental Retirement Fund (4% of salary), excellent and affordable healthcare, free recreation benefits, including free golf and gym usage.++ Visit www.herndon-va.gov/benefits ++for full benefits outline.
* Herndon issues a town paid smart phone to all police officers and utilizes modern technology for police work. Paid dry-cleaning of uniforms picked up and delivered to the station weekly, and new boots every year.
For additional details contact:
SSgt. Sean Merritt at 703-435-6800, ext. 6824 ++Sean.Merritt@herndon-va.gov++
Corporal Mark Fraser at 703-435-6800, ext. 2399 ++Mark.Fraser@herndon-va.gov++
* Visit the town’s jobs website at ++www.herndon-va.gov/jobs++ and see how working for the Town of Herndon will enrich your personal and professional life!!
Disclaimer: this program is temporary and subject to changes or cancellation at any time.
- Age: 21+
- Education: high school diploma required, college degree preferred but not required
- Experience: va certified police mandatory