Deputy Sheriff Trainee
Orange County Sheriff Department - Santa Ana, California
- Entry Level Salary:
- $47,403.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $54,101.00 annual
- $61,960.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $77,709.00 annual
The Orange County Sheriff Department is hiring for the position of Deputy Sheriff Trainee. This is a non-sworn position that requires the attendance at a paid 28 week P.O.S.T. Certified Sheriff's Training Academy.Upon successful completion of the Sheriff's Training Academy, Deputy Sheriff Trainee's become certified sworn peace officers of the state of California and the County of Orange.
- Must be 18 years of age by the date of the written test.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who
has filed for citizenship prior to application date.
- Must have a U.S. high school diploma or a satisfactory
score on the GED, or an AA or BA from an accredited
U.S. school of higher education.
- Must have NO felony convictions as a juvenile or adult
AND cannot currently be on probation.
- Must have NO domestic violence convictions AND cannot
be the subject of a domestic violence restraining order.
- Must pass an extensive background investigation to the
satisfaction of the Sheriff-Coroner
- Age: : 18
- Education: : High School Graduate/GED
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability
- Annual Leave - 19 days after one year, 27 days after 3
years & 32 days after 10 years
- Holiday Pay - 12 paid per year
- Paid Retirement (3% at 50 plan)
- Special Assignment pay
- Shift Differential
- Alternative work week: 3-12 hour, 4-10 hour and 5-8 hour
Orange County Sheriff Department
550 N. Flower St.
Santa Ana, California 92704