$42,607 / Year
The City of Fayetteville’s mission is to provide service that makes Fayetteville a better Place for all. Dedicated and talented employees are essential to achieving this mission. If you are committed to providing excellent customer service and able to work in a team environment, the City of Fayetteville is the employer for you! The City offers employees market-competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package.
To collect, process, analyze and distribute various data, statistics and information related to crime; evaluate data pertaining to crime in the city and produce reports for submittal to supervisory personnel; maintain and update intelligence data files; provide complex analytical support to the Police Department.
1. Collect, research, analyze and distribute data and information related to criminal activities in the community; compile information into reports; maintain various intelligence and criminal activity files, including the alias database.
2. Compile daily activity summaries; compile and disseminate data to departmental personnel. Coordinate analysis of crime statistics with other departmental personnel.
3. Identify, summarize and report significant trends and patterns indicated by data; make recommendations for addressing criminal activity trends to departmental management.
4. Research various information and criminal activity through computer database and/or hard
copies and assist other departmental personnel in searching these files.
5. Research and document data requested by personnel
Other important duties and responsibilities:
1. Provide complex analytical support to the department for various special projects and assignments.
2. Assist in the development and implementation of new programs, procedures, methods and systems.
3. Present data to departmental personnel.
4. Perform other duties as assigned to assist the Police Department.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Two years of experience in statistical research and analyzing data in a Police Department, other law enforcement agency or military intelligence experience.
Equivalent to an Associates' degree from an accredited community college with major course work in criminal justice, computer science or related field.
Licensing & Certifications:
Required: Possession of or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid driver's license. Ability to acquire DCI/NCIC Level I & II Certification within one year of employment.
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays
• Death Benefit
• Supplemental Benefits
The City of Fayetteville is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply or for more information, please visit the City’s Employment Opportunities website: