Albuquerque Police Department - Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $18.24 hourly
- Academy Graduate:
- $20.04 hourly
- $23.95 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $28.00 hourly
The Albuquerque Police Department (APD) is the largest police agency in the State of New Mexico. We are a dedicated team of over 900 sworn officers who work with the community to create and maintain a safe and secure environment for our residents. If you are a dynamic, service-oriented individual with a desire to make a difference in our community, investigate one of these career opportunities after completing at least two years as a police officer in patrol.
- Advanced Training
- Air Support
- Armed Robbery
- Auto Theft
- Bicycle Patrol
- Bomb Squad/EOD
- Code Enforcement Team
- Crime Stoppers
- Crimes Against Children
- Criminal Intelligence
- Crisis Intervention Team
- Crisis Negotiation Team
- Emergency Response Team
- Field Training Officer
- Firearms Range
- Fugitive Unit
- Gang Unit
- Horse Mounted Patrol
- Open Space
- Property Crimes
- Recruiting and Selection
- Repeat Offender Project (ROP)
- School Resource Officer
- Sex Crimes
- Special Weapons and Tactics
- Traffic Investigation
- Vice Squad
- White Collar Crimes
The Albuquerque Police Department offers other tangible benefits above and beyond service to the community:
*Additional benefits are available such as tuition assistance, use of Veteran's Administration (VA) benefits, paid military leave for reservists and national guardsmen, and free retirement credit if mobilized for certain named national emergencies.
- TAKE HOME CARS: Issued to Police Officers First Class (P1/C) who successfully complete their one year probation and who live within the City of Albuquerque.
- MEDICAL/HOSPITAL/DENTAL: The City offers a variety of health care, dental and life insurance plans to choose from. The City pays 80% of the premium and the employee pays 20% of the premium.
- VACATION LEAVE ACCRUAL: 8 hours/month or 12 days/year increasing incrementally with continued service to a maximum of 13.3 hours/month or 20 days/year.
- SICK LEAVE: Accrued at 8 hours/month with a maximum of 2000 hours. At retirement, the officer may sell back their leave or take an early retirement - at the officer's hourly rate of pay at the time of retirement.
- RETIREMENT: At 20 years of service, an officer may retire at 70% of their salary regardless of age or at 3.5% of their salary per year thereafter; or a maximum of 80% at 22 years and 11 months of service regardless of age.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : Minimum of 60 college credit hours - or -
- Experience: : 3 years of honorable military service
- Valid driver's license
- United States citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- No misdemeanors within the last 3 years
- No misdemeanor drug use (i.e. marijuana) within the past 3 years
- No felony drug usage within the last 5 years
- No DWIs within the last 5 years
- No multiple DWIs within the last 10 years
- No felony convictions
- No domestic violence convictions
- Must not be in collections for more than $500.00.