COMET EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Greene County Sheriff's Office - Springfield, Missouri
- Entry Level Salary:
- $35,000.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $42,000.00 annual
To assist the C.O.M.E.T. Executive Board in performing difficult administrative and complex work in planning and directing the full activities of the task force. This position exercises supervision over task force employees and loaned personnel. Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Overall supervision of C.O.M.E.T. administration and operations.
• Liaison with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies and community organizations supporting efforts to prevent and reduce controlled substance related crime.
• Budget oversight and management of grant research, application, and fund dispersal.
• Research, develop and assist with implementation of policies, procedures, and strategic initiatives.
• Authorize Task force purchases of equipment, materials, and training.
• Advise and assist subordinates in solving highly complex police problems.
• Implement and monitor the progress of C.O.M.E.T.’s strategic goals as they relate to the direction of the Board.
• Conduct administrative responsibilities, to include preparing, reviewing, researching, and analyzing processes, projects, reports, and budget data.
ALL CANDIDATES SUBMITTING A RESUME SHOULD INCLUDE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
NOTE: To receive credit for college education, you must submit your college transcript with your application. Based on the number and quality of applicants, applications may be reviewed for qualifications beyond the minimums stated herin. Education and experience shall be evaluated with regard to recency and quality, as well as quantity.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to testing or appointment. Proof of United States Citizenship/Authorization to Work in the united States as established by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 is a condition of employment. Pre-employment drug testing required.
- Age: 21 +
- Education: Four year degree or qualifying experience
- Experience: Three years at lieutanant or higher
• Has supervised investigators and administrative personnel performing functions comparable to those of C.O.M.E.T.
• Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Ability to handle difficult situations using well developed conflict management skills.
• Ability to interpret and explain laws, ordinances, county and C.O.M.E.T. policies, codes and regulations.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships with multiple agencies and county personnel.
• Demonstrate good fiscal judgment and budgetary skills.
• Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to lead and direct officers to accomplish established goals.
• Hold and maintain a Missouri Peace Officers Standards and Training Commission Class A license.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in public administration, business administration, criminal justice, or one of the social sciences, and at least three years of experience at the level of lieutenant or higher.
• Possession of a valid appropriate driver’s license issued by the State of Missouri.
• Must carry a firearm and qualify in accordance with C.O.M.E.T. and the Greene County Sheriff’s Office policy.
• Must successfully complete any required background investigation, drug screen and physical testing.
• Must be able to operate a motor vehicle under normal and emergency conditions.
• Must be able to physically subdue and restrain (an) individual(s).
• This position requires sitting for extended periods of time, working in adverse weather, flexible shift hours (including nights), stressful, and sometimes life threatening conditions.
• Search Committee will consider all applications/resumes received by December 1, 2012. This position is intended to begin January 1, 2013. All applications/resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Jim Arnott, Sheriff
Greene County Sheriff's Office
1010 N Boonville Avenue
Springfield, Missouri 65802
phone: (417) 868-4040