Madison Police Department - Madison, Wisconsin
- Entry Level Salary:
- $43,714.00 annual
- Academy Graduate:
- $48,285.00 annual
The Madison Police Department is nationally recognized for its innovation and leadership in the police profession. We are in the forefront of such concepts as employee involvement in decision making, quality improvement, problem solving, and trust-based community policing.
We want to recruit applicants who can communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. We need individuals who can enforce the law while protecting the constitutional rights of all. The Madison Police Department seeks committed individuals who want to work with a diverse citizenry in improving our quality of life.
- Age: 18
- Education: High School Graduate
- Experience: No Experience Necessary
• A United States citizen and at least 18 years of age at the time of application per City Ordinance Sec. 62.13(4)(d)Stats.
• High school graduate or possess a G.E.D. High School Equivalency Diploma.
• Possess a current driver’s license and be eligible for a Wisconsin driver’s license.
• Meet our occupational health standard, for a comprehensive list of job-related dimensions, please visit our website at: http://www.cityofmadison.com/Police/joinTeam/applyPacket.cfm for more information.
• No felony convictions (unless pardoned by the Governor of the State.) Domestic violence convictions are automatic disqualifiers.
• No conviction record or pending charge which substantially relates to the work of a Police Officer.
Madison Police Department
5702 Femrite Dr.
Madison, Wisconsin 53718
phone: (608) 266-4190