Lateral Police Officer
Bethel Police Department - Bethel, Alaska
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $23.48 hourly
- Top Pay:
- $40.16 hourly
- Deferred compensation plans
- Paid Time Off: 260 hrs/year (years 1-2) 286 hrs/year (years 2-5).
- PERS Retirement Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision & prescription coverage for employee and dependants.
- Term life and long-term disability insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Water and sewage service at a reduced fee.
- 11 paid holidays plus one floating personal day. THE CITY OF BETHEL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: Prefer previous police academy experience and relevant police experience
- Must have a high school diploma, previous police academy experience and relevant police experience.
- Must meet minimum standards of Alaska Police Standards Council for Police Officers;
- Must be at least 21 years old;
- Must have no felony or serious misdemeanor convictions;
- Must be a U. S. citizen or resident alien;
- Must be able to observe situations analytically and objectively and to record them clearly and completely;
- Must be able to react quickly and calmly in emergencies;
- Must be able to express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.;
- Must be able to handle situations firmly, courteously, tactfully and impartially;
- Must be able to develop skill in the use and care of firearms;
- Must have good physical strength and agility. The application process will include a fully completed City of Bethel Application for Employment, APSC F-3, background investigation and any other testing required to meet APSC standards.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!