Jenks Police Department - Jenks, Oklahoma
- Entry Level Salary:
- $12.50 hourly
Jenks, Oklahoma Police Department
The Jenks Police Department is accepting applications
for the position of 911 Emergency Dispatcher.
Description of Duties:
The 911 Emergency Dispatcher provides emergency 911 call receiving and dispatching services; determines the nature of the emergency in accordance with established guidelines; determines the response and services to be rendered based upon the 911 call received; maintains constant communication with responders on scene until official termination of the incident and other duties as defined.
Graduation from high school or its equivalent and must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
License and or Certificate:
Valid Oklahoma drivers license/OLETS and State Jailer certification or be certified by OLETS and the Department of Health Jail Division, within six (6) months of employment, bondable, and, maintain any required certifications related to the positions of 911 Dispatcher; and submit to a physical and psychological examination as provided by State statue and or City ordinance.
Requisite Knowledge and skill Levels:
-During periods of multiple emergencies, uses independent judgment to determine which calls need immediate attention, or when different equipment is required due to emergencies in progress (call stacking);
- Prioritizes multiple emergency and non-emergency calls to determine appropriate response levels, based on the needs of the emergencies in progress;
- Performs crisis intervention with distraught callers during high risk situations until emergency units arrive on scene;
- Monitors and transmits calls using various dispatching radios.
- Transfers callers to the proper agency as required, and dispatches a variety of emergency responders, including police, fire, ambulance;
- Maintains continuous contact with the caller (when appropriate) during emergency situations and provides instructions regarding what to do, or not to do, prior to the arrival of emergency responders;
- Maintains an CAD call log of all significant events, or calls for service;
- Performs administrative work as directed;
- Monitors and assists Officers in the Municipal Jail and serves as a Jailer; - Additional tasks/assignments as requested;
Must have a valid Oklahoma driver's license with driving record free form serious or frequent violations, and no felony or major misdemeanor convictions. Unique mental stresses associated with police operation demands may be present.
Applications for this, Probationary Police Officers and Reserve Police Officers are continuously being accepted. Applications available at www.Jenks.com under City info scroll down to Employment section.
Send completed applications to:
Corporal Melissa Brown email@example.com
Jenks Police Department
211 N Elm St.
Jenks, Ok 74037
- Age: 18
- Education: High School or GED
- Experience: none
Jenks Police Department
211 North Elm St
Jenks, Oklahoma 74037
phone: (918) 299-6311
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!