- Age: 21
- Education: High School Grad/GED
- Experience: Experience in public safety communications is preferred.
US Citizen: Yes
Valid WASHINGTON State Driver's License: Yes
Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes. Bilingual preferred.
Academy Certification:Must possess or obtain and maintain all licenses, registration and/or certifications needed to successfully perform the duties of dispatcher including ACCESS and First Aid/CPR.
Prior Experience: Experience in a public safety communications or dispatch facility is preferred.
• One year work experience in a fast-paced and multi-tasked public contact environment (e.g. bank teller, waiter) or a public safety communications environment.
• Must have computer and telephone work experience.
• Possess good oral and written communication skills, excellent, effective listening skills, and the ability to speak English clearly and distinctly at all times, despite extreme stress.
• Must be able to type accurately and efficiently enter data.
• Must be able to type accurately at a minimum of 30 words per minute.
• Must be able to work any assigned shift, including day, swing or graveyard and work all days of the week including weekends and holidays; and overtime as needed.
• Practices, principles and procedures of law enforcement and criminal investigation.
• Modern methods and techniques used in the prevention, investigation, and suppression of criminal activities.
• Records retention requirements.
• The rights of suspects and defendants.
• Safety regulations and procedures and practice in law enforcement.
• City, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to police service.
• Supervisory principles, practices and methods.