Sunnyside Police Department - Sunnyside, Washington
- Entry Level Salary:
- $3,249.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $3,950.00 monthly
SUNNYSIDE POLICE DEPARTMENT
818 EAST EDISON AVENUE SUNNYSIDE, WASHINGTON 98944
Updated: March 05, 2013
Classification: Communication Officer
The City of Sunnyside is currently hiring for Communications Officers. Testing with National Testing Network (NTN) will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Information: 2013: $3,249 - $3,950 per month DOQ / plus full benefits
Description: • Under direct supervision of the Jail Administrator and also reports to the Support Corporals as directed or assigned. • Under general supervision receives emergency and non-emergency requests for law enforcement assistance. • Evaluates the information provided to determine the appropriate jurisdiction, equipment and personnel to be dispatched. • Operates a variety of electronic equipment to successfully dispatch the appropriate emergency response. • Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants must successfully pass background check, polygraph, psychological evaluation must successfully pass background check, pre-employment physical and drug screen. Applications and complete job description available at City of Sunnyside, 818 E. Edison Ave, Attn: HR, Sunnyside, WA 98944.
The City of Sunnyside is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply and sign up for pre-employment testing, go to http://www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and select FIND JOBS and then EMERGENCY COMMUNICAITONS. Select the department and then read over all the department information and requirements and if qualified, select a testing location and a time and date for testing on the website calendar. For questions concerning the testing process, please contact NTN Support at 866-563-3882. For updates and new job announcements, follow National Testing Network on Facebook.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Grad/GED
- Experience: Experience in public safety communications is preferred.
US Citizen: Yes
Valid WASHINGTON State Driver's License: Yes
Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes. Bilingual preferred.
Academy Certification:Must possess or obtain and maintain all licenses, registration and/or certifications needed to successfully perform the duties of dispatcher including ACCESS and First Aid/CPR.
Prior Experience: Experience in a public safety communications or dispatch facility is preferred.
• One year work experience in a fast-paced and multi-tasked public contact environment (e.g. bank teller, waiter) or a public safety communications environment.
• Must have computer and telephone work experience.
• Possess good oral and written communication skills, excellent, effective listening skills, and the ability to speak English clearly and distinctly at all times, despite extreme stress.
• Must be able to type accurately and efficiently enter data.
• Must be able to type accurately at a minimum of 30 words per minute.
• Must be able to work any assigned shift, including day, swing or graveyard and work all days of the week including weekends and holidays; and overtime as needed.
• Practices, principles and procedures of law enforcement and criminal investigation.
• Modern methods and techniques used in the prevention, investigation, and suppression of criminal activities.
• Records retention requirements.
• The rights of suspects and defendants.
• Safety regulations and procedures and practice in law enforcement.
• City, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to police service.
• Supervisory principles, practices and methods.
Sunnyside Police Department
818 East Edison Ave.
Sunnyside, Washington 98944
phone: (866) 563-3882