1. High school diploma or certified GED required.
2. Must hold a valid Peace Officer License from the Texas Commission of Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Education.
3. Must have a valid Texas Driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
4. Must not have a criminal history record.
5. Two years of successful law enforcement experience as a commissioned peace officer preferred.
6. Two or more years of college or advanced training preferred.
7. Must be able to work day, evening and night shifts with varied days off.
1. Enforce applicable Board policy.
2. Investigate assigned criminal complaints.
3. Assist in the protection of students, staff and District property.
4. Serve as a law enforcement resource to students and District personnel.
5. Provide a general and consistent adult and law enforcement presence at critical locations on District
6. Provide a roving patrol of District assets when not assigned to a specific task.
7. Respond to calls for service during and after regular school hours.
8. Respond to civil disasters such as hurricanes, tornadoes, fire, etc. (where District personnel are required).
9. Inform the Chief of Police of all conditions that affect the safety and security of students, staff and District
10. Patrol assigned campus(es) and respond to all calls from local school principals or designees regarding
11. Assist staff with after-hour functions upon request.
12. Enforce all laws of both felony and misdemeanor degree of federal, state or local origin.
13. Investigate motor vehicle traffic accidents and stop and identify suspicious persons and/or vehicles.
14. Assist the Transportation Department with problem bus stop areas and/or chronic disruptions on school
buses upon request.
15. Fulfil telecommunication duties when necessary.
16. Write effective legal incident reports, collect evidence as necessary for supporting criminal investigations
and apprehend offenders.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
Age: over 21
Education: High school diploma or certified GED required.
Experience: Two years of successful law enforcement experience as a commissioned peace officer preferred.