Probationary Police Officer/Police Cadet
Posted Date: 05-Apr-2013 (CST)
Closing Date: 20-May-2013 (CST)
Department: Pearland Police Department
Location: Pearland, TX, USA
Pay Rate: Police Cadet $14.98/hour - - - Probationary Police Officer $22.86/hour
The City of Pearland offers an excellent benefits package including a voluntary ICMA 457 deferred compensation program, as well as membership in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS). The City of Pearland pays all premiums for the employee’s dental, long-term disability protection, and life insurance and the City pays a portion of the medical premium for employees and dependants.
Employment Type: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Test Date: Saturday, June 1, 2013
Test Time: 8:00 a.m. (No one admitted after 7:45 a.m.)
Test Site: City of Pearland Community Center
3523 Liberty Drive
Pearland, Texas 77581
• Applicants must apply on line at www.cityofpearland.org by NOON, May 20, 2013
• Applications will not be accepted after this date and time, NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Copy of HS Diploma (or GED), Driver License, and certificate reflecting highest level of education must be attached to the application. A copy of the DD214 showing honorable discharge with at least 180 consecutive days of duty service (for veterans' preference), must also be attached to the application.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 20, 2013, at 12:00 p.m. NOON.
Applicants must show proof of identity at the test site by providing a valid driver's license. Applicants should be prepared to attend the physical ability test on June 1, 2013.
Candidates who pass the written exam will be subject to successful completion of the following: driver analysis; physical ability test, background investigation; medical examination, including drug testing; psychological evaluation; polygraph test; oral review board; and any other relevant investigation deemed necessary.
THE CITY OF PEARLAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Special accommodations are available when necessary to afford equal opportunity to participate in testing. Please make request in writing, five business days prior to the test date to City of Pearland, HR Department, 3519 Liberty Drive, Pearland, Texas 77581.
For questions call Donna Foster, HR Assistant at 281 652-1618.
List will remain in effect for one (1) year or until exhausted, whichever is sooner.
Age: Between 18 and 45 yoa on exam date
Education: See Qualifications
Experience: None Required
• Be a citizen of the United States.
• Able to read, write and speak the English language.
• Be between 18 and 45 years of age at the time of the examination.
• Must meet all legal requirements necessary to become a licensed Peace Officer by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE).
• Have a high school diploma or equivalency certificate (G.E.D.) certified by the issuing agency (i.e. Texas Education Agency) – Attach copies to the application.
• Must have ONE of the following (copies must be attached to the application):
a) Transcripts showing minimum of 30 hours of higher education with at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale from an institute of higher learning; or
b) A Basic Proficiency Certification from TCLEOSE PLUS at least 15 additional hours of higher education with at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale (additional hours cannot be academy hours); or
c) An Intermediate Proficiency Certification from TCLEOSE; or
d) An honorable discharge from the armed forces of the United States showing at least 24 months of active duty status (24 months is only for those wanting to substitute military time for the educational component). A copy of the DD-214 (Member Copy 2 or Member Copy 4) is required to be attached to the application.
• Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.