- Age: 21 to 44 years old
- Education: at least 30 semester hours of college with minimum 2.0 GPA
- Experience: None
1. Civil Service Examination
2. Placement on eligibility list based on test score
3. Applicant checked for automatic disqualifiers:
(criminal history check & driving history check)
4. Conditional Job Offer given by Chief of Police
5. Ride-Along Program
6. Medical Examination
7. Physical Testing: (under limit)
a. 1.5 mile run (18 minutes, 48 seconds)
b. 300 meter run (76 seconds)
c. 18 push-ups (no time limit)
d. 16 sit-ups (1 minute time limit)
e. Able to press 62% of body weight (1 rep)
f. Agility run (22 seconds)
g. Vertical jump (min. 14.5 inches)
h. Hearing test
i. Vision test
8. Psychological Examination
9. Background Investigation
10. Polygraph Examination
11. Departmental Review Board interview
12. Unannounced Drug Screen during hiring process
INCENTIVES:(In addition to base salary)
* Cleaning Allowance $600/yr.
* College Pay (Max.) $1,800/yr.
* Certificate Pay (Max.) $1,800/yr.
* Longevity Pay (Max.) $1,200/yr.
* Plainclothes Allowance $1,000/yr.
* Assignment Pay for specialized units (Max.) $2,700/yr.
* Shift Differential after 2:00pm $1,200/yr.
after 10:00pm $2,400/yr.
* Bilingual Pay (Max.) $1,200/yr.
* Health / Dental / Life Insurance
* 20 Year Retirement
* 10 Paid Holidays
* 15 Days Paid Vacation/Year
* 15 Days Paid Sick Leave/Year
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Custom Benefit Plan
* Deferred Compensation Plan
* Uniforms Furnished
* Promotional Opportunities