- Age: 31
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 10 years, Lieutenant rank or above
• Candidates must have demonstrated skills in the area of leadership, communication, management, budgeting, and community relations.
• Candidates must have achieved rank of lieutenant or above with a minimum of 10 years police management experience.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Political Science or a similar field from an accredited college or university that is recognized by the US Department of Education.
• Successful completion of the FBI National Academy, the Southern Police Institute’s Command Officer Development Course, or the Northwestern University/Traffic Institute’s School of Police Staff and Command are preferred.
• Within 6 months of appointment, the candidate must be certified through the Ohio Peace Officer’s Training Council.
Applicants must submit the following information to http://www.westerville.org/index.aspx?page=312
1. A cover letter addressing the reasons for your interest in the position.
2. A resume including detailed information relative to the qualifications.
3. A copy of current Police/Peace Officer certification.
4. An organizational chart from your present employer.