Crime Scene Technician
Walton County Sheriff's Office - DeFuniak Springs, Florida
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $28,000.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $48,000.00 annual
- Collects and packages evidence for presentation in court.
- Prepares reports or presentations of findings, methods, and techniques used to support conclusion.
- Completes photograph referrals, blood draws, photographs and prints of dead persons at the morgue.
- The employee in this position is responsible for executing competent forensic processing during calls for service; often these calls develop into complex investigations involving high profile matters and sensitive information.
- Gathers and ensures integrity of physical evidence or subsequent scientific evaluation and court presentation.
- This position conducts laboratory examinations of physical evidence utilizing a variety of forensic applications and instrumentation.
- Prepares detailed investigative and supplemental case reports and communicates with follow-up investigators regarding observations and processing actions.
- Identifies, collects, preserves, packages, and presents biological evidence, latent fingerprints, tire impressions, shoe impressions, tool marks, and other physical evidence.
- Acts as a liaison between crime laboratories, investigators, prosecutors, and defense attorneys; confers with experts in relevant specialties as necessary; submits evidence for examination to FDLE and/or FBI labs.
- Testifies in court hearings about work performed. The Walton County Sheriff’s Department is an Equal Opportunity Employee/Drug Free Workplace. If you need an accommodation because of a disability in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify the Hiring Authority or Human Resources in advance. Preference shall be given to certain veterans and spouses of veterans as provided by Chapter 295, Florida Statutes. Applicants claiming preference must submit a Form DD-214.
- Age: 21
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in a Natural Science, Forensics, or related field.
- Experience: Five (5) years Evidential/Crime Scene experience, or forensic laboratory experience may be substituted for the required Bachelor’s Degree.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!