University of Texas Police Department at Houston - Houston, Texas
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $46,400.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $69,600.00 annual
- Perform law enforcement duties on the property under the control and jurisdiction of the University of Texas System. Preserve the peace by the use of all lawful means, interceding when authorized by law, to prevent or suppress crime.
- Execute all lawful process. Arrest offenders with and without warrant when authorized by law. Investigate criminal offenses to detect and arrest criminals, and recover stolen or lost property. Attempt to locate missing persons.
- Enforce traffic law by detecting violations, making violator contacts, placing violators in custody or issuing citations or warnings. Investigate motor vehicle collisions.
- Prepare various written reports narrating law enforcement and police activities.
- Give credible testimony in the criminal courts of this state and the United States. Confers with prosecuting attorneys, preserves evidence and maintains confidential information. Confers with local law enforcement, criminal justice and emergency response agencies on matters of mutual interest.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: None required, some preferred
- Required: High School Diploma or GED, successful completion of a Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) approved Basic Peace Officer Course. Has passed TCLEOSE exam.
- Preferred: 60 college hours from an accredited college or university.
- Required: Possess Peace Officer License from TCLEOSE and a valid Texas Driver’s License. Must hold a Peace Officer Commission issued by the Director of Police of The University of Texas System.
- Preferred: Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Systems certification.
- Required: None
- Preferred: Successful completion of the prescribed Field Training Program.