Columbus Regional Airport Authority - Columbus, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $17.55 hourly
- Age: 18
- Education: High School diploma or GED
- Experience: 1 year as dispatcher with another public safety agency
- Monitors access control, fire, and other alarms.
- Communicates accurate and timely information via radio or telephone.
- Monitors Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system.
- Dispatches public safety services via Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD).
- Utilizes criminal history and wanted person databases.
- Monitors the status of location, availability, and communications of all public safety units and personnel.
- Completion of logs and records.
- Compilation of statistics.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work a varied shift, including weekends and holidays, and on occasion, in excess of the normal eight (8) hour shift.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word).
- Ability to process information of a highly sensitive or confidential nature, some of which is protected by law.
- Ability to professionally manage the stress of volatile or multiple situations, such as verbally abusive or hysterical telephone calls, in a calm, tactful, but firm manner.
- Ability to professionally work with Authority personnel and tenants, the public, and other emergency services agencies.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during stressful situations.
- Required to have regular and predictable attendance.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!