District Special Agent / Police (SA-3)
Florida East Coast Railway - Jacksonville, Florida
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $40,000.00 annual
- Top Pay:
- $45,000.00 annual
- Police company properties to provide necessary handling and prevention of encroachments, illegal dumping, trespassing by unauthorized persons, speeding vehicles within company properties, enforces company safety policies within terminals, ramps and company maintained roadways and right-of-ways. Affects arrest of law violators when appropriate.
- Protects company equipment and structures from vandalism and thefts.
- Protects shipments of customer goods by handling seal records of boxcars, trailers and/or containers.
- Investigate and complete written reports of complaints, accidents, personal injuries, thefts, vandalism, etc., to company employees, property or equipment.
- Cooperates with local law enforcement agencies to handle criminal activity and investigation of company-related accidents.
- Enforcement of security and safety measures for company and contact security personnel within company properties.
- Must be able to travel throughout the State and work as needed for operations or instructional purposes.
- Enforce and uphold company rules and federal, state, county, and Municipal laws and ordinances governing company-related matters.
- Inspect credentials of persons desiring entrance to unauthorized areas of company facilities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be in good physical condition.
- Be of good moral character.
- MUST NOT HAVE received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces.
- MUST NOT HAVE been convicted of any felony.
- MUST NOT HAVE been convicted of a misdemeanor involving false statement, perjury or domestic violence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be currently employed as a Law Enforcement Officer with arrest authority (i.e. Deputy Sheriff, State Trooper, Police Officer, Federal Agent, D.O.D. Police etc.) and possess a valid State of Florida certification with the Police Standards Board in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Must possess a valid Florida Drivers License.
- Must not have an internal investigation, or pending internal investigation against them from a law enforcement agency.
- Must have a strong investigative background.
- Must be able to successfully complete an Oral Board Interview.
- Must be able to successfully complete a Medical/Stress Test and Drug Screen.
- Must have a minimum of fifteen year’s law enforcement experience.
- Must have a Bachelors degree from a U.S. Department of Education recognized accredited college or an Associate degree with an additional four years of law enforcement experience to the above minimum.
- Polygraph Examination
- Credit History Check
- Psychological Evaluation
- Driving History
- Criminal History
- 10 Year Employment and Residential Check
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; run; sit; use hands to finger handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance upon equipment, stoop, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus within the work environment.
- Age: 21
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Experience: 15 years
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!