City of New Albany - New Albany, Ohio
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $51,448.00 annual
- The City of New Albany, a community policing community of 7,724 residents, is considering candidates interested in a municipal law enforcement career as a full-time Police Officer.
- New Albany covers twelve square miles in the northeastern quadrant of Franklin County in central Ohio. Nestled in a pristine country setting, its residents and business partners are only fifteen miles from downtown Columbus, Ohio’s capitol city. The city operates under a Mayor-Council-Manager form of government, combining the professional management of an appointed city manager with the leadership of elected officials. New Albany combines a sophisticated approach to sustainable development with a friendly atmosphere where our 65 full-time and four part-time city employees understand the importance of being personally engaged with our residents and business partners.
- New Albany is that rare community, a product of the passion and ingenuity of individuals who believe it’s not just where you live but how you live that defines quality of life. Master planning is evident everywhere, from wooded preserves and scenic vistas to timeless Georgian architecture and preservation of green space. Attention to detail in all aspects of daily living creates a vibrant, pedestrian-friendly community with an unparalleled commitment to education, wellness, culture, health and leisure that inspires families and businesses alike.
- New Albany Police Officers take proper enforcement action as necessary and maintain the order, safety and general welfare of the city. They provide a highly visible, professional presence while conducting patrol activities, maintaining safety and assisting citizens in a wide range of emergency and non-emergency situations. (A complete position description may be found on the city’s website at www.newalbanyohio.org.)
- This position description contains the general duties and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the position incumbent. The City retains the right to modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time.
- The City of New Albany does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, age, or disability in employment.
- To apply and schedule pre-employment testing, go to www.nationaltestingnetwork.com and click on LAW ENFORCEMENT JOBS.
- Select the department and read over all the department information and requirements and if qualified, select a testing center and a time and date for testing on the website calendar.
- For questions concerning the testing process, please contact NTN Support at 866-563-3882. For updates and new job announcements, “Like” National Testing Network on Facebook.
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Grad/GED
- Experience: Entry
- US Citizen: Yes
- High School Grad/GED: Yes
- Valid OHIO State Driver's License: Possession of a valid Ohio driver’s license with no serious (6 point) BMV administrative actions and/or OVI charges within the past five years.
- College: A bachelor’s degree and/or acceptable active duty military service with honorable discharge is preferred, but not required to apply for a Police Officer position with the City of New Albany.
- Academy Certification: No. Ohio Police Officer Training Academy certificate or the ability to attend and successfully complete a residential police academy as required for appointment.
- Criminal Disqualifiers: Applicants shall have no felonious convictions for any crime of violence or any undetected felonious criminal activity for which criminal liability may still be involved; and no, first or second-degree misdemeanors or offense of violence convictions over the past five years.
- Accountability: There is a high degree of accountability in this position.
- For More Information: A complete position description may be found on the city’s website at www.newalbanyohio.org.