City of Saco - Saco, Maine
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $21.87 hourly
- The City of Saco (pop 18600+/-), a thriving municipality in coastal southern Maine (rated among the most liveable cities in the US, Portland is 12 miles north), has an opening for a full-time Patrol Officer.
- Following the philosophy of With Dedication, Pride and Commitment, the Patrol Officer's duties shall consist of, but not be limited to, a number of general police responsibilities necessary for the accomplishment of the police mission and ensuring the stability and safety of the community.
- Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent, valid driver’s license, and good mental and physical condition. Preference will be given to post secondary education, law enforcement experience and/or military experience. Applicants must meet age requirements as established by the Maine Criminal Justice Academy and successfully pass a physical agility test (MCJA standards), oral board, background investigation, psychological, polygraph and medical examinations.
- The city offers a competitive salary and complete fringe benefits package, including vacation, holidays, sick leave, health insurance, short and long term disability insurance, dental insurance, life and supplemental life insurance, uniforms and equipment, retirement plans, employee assistance program, as well as long term advancement and job specialty opportunities. Lateral entry up to the 8 year pay step is available to qualified candidates.
- Applicants must include copies of passing results of Maine Criminal Justice Academy administered Physical Fitness Test and Alert Test to be considered for employment. (For information on these tests please contact the academy at (207)877-8000.) Please contact Dep Chief Demers at 207 282 8214 or via e-mail: email@example.com for more information.
- Application available upon request, visit the city’s website www.sacomaine.org (click employment opportunities), or send application to: Human Resources City of Saco, 300 Main Street, Saco, Maine 04072 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must be submitted by June 5, 2013. The City of Saco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Visit www.sacomaine.org
- Age: 18
- Education: HS or equivalent
- Experience: preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- Good mental and physical condition.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!