Pierce County Sheriff's Office - Tacoma, Washington
- Application Deadline:
- Entry Level Salary:
- $4,720.00 monthly
- Top Pay:
- $6,243.00 monthly
- Canine unit
- Civil unit
- Community support team
- Domestic violence unit
- Fugitive warrant unit
- Gang unit
- Juvenile investigations
- Narcotics investigations
- Special investigations
- Traffic enforcement
- Marine services
- Search and rescue
- Swift water rescue
- Air operations
- Bicycle unit
- Clandestine (meth) lab team
- Dive team
- Hazardous devices (bomb squad)
- Age: 21
- Education: High School Grad/GED
- Experience: Entry
- Ability to successfully complete Pierce County Sheriff's Department background investigation.
- Condition of continued employment: Ability to pass the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission physical fitness requirements at time of entrance to the Basic Law Enforcement Academy
- Condition of continued employment: Entrance to and successful completion of the Basic Law Enforcement Academy as required by RCW 43.101.
- All interested applicants must complete an application, personnel history questionnaire and successfully pass the written and physical fitness tests administered by NTN.
- Applicant must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on the video and reading sections of the written exam. Applicant must pass the report writing section and the physical fitness test. The Physical Fitness Test includes: a mile and a half run, a 300m sprint, push-ups and sit-ups (minimum 160 points needed for a passing score).
- Individuals will be ranked and placed on the Civil Service register according to their score on the video section of the written examination.
- Veterans’ scoring criteria will be granted in accordance with RCW 41.04.
- The Civil Service register will be good for one (1) year.
- The top candidates on the register will be notified by the Background Unit to begin the background investigation process.
- Candidates will receive a letter in the mail from Civil Service with their score and rank on the Civil Service register. Please allow several weeks for delivery. Civil Service cannot give exam information over the phone.
Request more information
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy!